1 Mile Fast Interval Walk is a great little cardio walk to add on to another workout. I did it as my doubles workout today and followed it up with another of Jessica‘s one mile walks (1 Mile Power Walk), adding two extra miles to my day. Between the two of them I burned 300 calories, which really surprised me, to be honest. The intervals did get my heart rate elevated but it didn’t feel that intense. I only burn 250 calories doing 30 minute workouts that felt more intense than these walks felt. But I’m not complaining! It was nice surprise!
This is not a low impact workout but Jessica tells you how to keep it low impact during the intervals. Peanut is there, resting on the mat beside Jessica or wandering around the room, keeping the walk entertaining.
1 Mile Fast Interval Walk is 15 minutes. No actual warm up or cool down but Jessica says a warm up is not really necessary since you will build slowly. But you are marching in place the first minute while Jessica tells you this, so that is kind of the warm up don’t you think? Also, the last minute after the final interval ends you are marching in place while Jessica talks some more, so that’s your cool down. You are also marching in place between every move. Jessica gives low impact modifications.
- March forward and back
- Step tap side to side
- Hamstring curls; add traveling forward and back
- Repeat #2
- Lateral skater taps
- Interval: jog in place; travel forward and back; back to jogging in place; add pushing arms overhead and pulling them back down
- Heel digs w/ bicep curls
- Step tap side to side
- Lateral skater taps with bicep curls angled to the side
- Repeat #3
- Interval: jog in place; add jumping jack arms; add traveling forward and back
- Low cross over kicks
- Double side steps; add punching both arms in the direction you are traveling; add partial squats as you side step
- Interval: jog in place; punch arms in a V overhead then pull hands back down to shoulder level; add traveling forward and back
- Step out wide then back in narrow
- Step tap side to side; add pushing arms in front of you
- Double hamstring curls each leg; changes to single hamstring curls
- Interval: jack feet; add punching arms in front of you; add traveling forward and back; jog in place
For more info on JessicaSmithTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “JessicaSmithTV: 1 Mile Fast Interval Walk”