OMG!! Booty Band HIIT Workout is a short workout from Heather Robertson that hits your glutes and outer thighs nicely. Perfect for an add on to finish off a lower body workout, or as I used it this morning–as a warm up before another workout. This burned my glutes and outer thighs out nicely. I used my medium EnriQ Booty Band and it was perfect for this workout.
This workout is all music, no talking and is done interval fashion: 30 seconds of work with 10 seconds of recovery. There is a counter in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, counting down your interval. During the 10 second recovery between exercises, the next exercise is featured in a rectangle in the upper right hand corner of the screen along with a clock, counting down the 10 seconds.
OMG!! Booty Band HIIT Workout is 17 minutes; 1 minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: as noted in the title, you need a mini-band or firewalker and a fitness mat. The workout starts with the band around your thighs, above your knees. Your band will remain there for the entire workout except for one exercise, #7. For that exercise you will lower the band to your calves.
- Toe taps (with mini band around thighs/above knees and lowered into partial squat, alternate tapping toes out to sides, low jack style)
- Alternating reverse lunges
- Open Bridge (laying on mat with knees bent and feet on floor, raise hips and open knees, close knees and lower hips)
- Jump squat
- Donkey kick (on all 4s, raise one bent leg, pushing sole of foot up to ceiling)
- Repeat #5 on other leg
- Duck Walk (lower band to calves; with legs open wide enough so there is tension on the mini band, lower into partial squat and walk forward and backward the length of your mat)
- Plank jacks (return band to just above knees)
- Side Pulses (lay on side, legs extended straight, raise top leg and keep it raised, pulsing it against tension on band)
- Repeat #9 on other leg
- Side steps (in partial squat, step 3 steps side to side, never raising out of squat)
- Butterfly Bridge (laying on mat with knees bent, soles of feet pressed together and knees open, raise and lower hips)
- Repeat #1-12