Bosu Ball Cardio w/ Light Handweights is part of AngieFitnessTV‘s 15 Minutes to Fit Series. This was an excellent little bosu ball workout. This morning I decided to stack 3 of Angie’s 15 Minutes to Fit workouts to get an hour long low impact cardio workout and wow! I got an excellent workout! Since I previewed them all in advance, I stacked them in a specific order. I started with the easiest/least intense of the 3 (Low Impact Cardio Crush Intervals). The second one appeared to be the most intense so I thought it fit well in the middle (Step Bosu Ball Cardio Intervals) and I ended with the more intermediate of the 3–or the second hardest intensity level–this workout. I got an excellent cardio workout! With the warm ups and stretches it clocked in at 61 minutes, I burned 458 calories and I was in my peak heart rate 16 minutes and my cardio heart rate 37 minutes. And I projected their difficulty well, too. I never entered my peak heart rate zone during the first workout (Low Impact Cardio Crush Intervals) but I was during this workout and Step Bosu Ball Cardio Intervals, so I projected their intensity levels well. If you want to do something similar and also save some time, skip the warm ups and cool down/stretches of the middle workouts and you can shave 6-12 minutes off your workout time, depending on how many you decide to stack. I have been neglecting focused flexibility lately (outside of physical therapy 3x a week but that is all focused on my left shoulder) so I didn’t want to skip any of Angie’s stretching.
Every exercise in this workout is done on the bosu ball. Each exercise is done for one minute. I wore an 8 pound weighted vest during this workout and used 3 pound hand weights. Some of the exercises near the end started burning my arms out and I had to drop to a 2 pound hand weight for my left arm. I really enjoyed this workout and can think of lots of ways to use it. Like I did this morning but also combining it with Angie’s Fit Over 40 Bosu Ball Cardio for a 50 minute low impact bosu cardio workout.
Bosu Ball Cardio w/ Light Handweights is 19:07 minutes; 30 second intro; 2:45 minute warm up and 3 minute cool down/stretch. Equipment: bosu ball (or step if you don’t have one) and light hand weights (1-3 pounds). Angie is using 3 pound hand weights.
- Step right with left knee raise; add front punch with right hand
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Step up with tap backs (once each foot); add punching DB overhead when tapping
- Start beside bosu and do a tap up hamstring curl with upright rows
- Repeat #3 starting with other lead
- Repeat #4 on other side of bosu
- Step on top of bosu straddle step on and off bosu then step back off bosu; add over head presses
- Repeat #7 with other lead leg
- Start beside bosu and side step onto bosu with side leg lift; add bent arm (or straight arm–Angie does both) side raise alternated with upright row
- Repeat #9 on other side of bosu
- Standing behind bosu, step on top of bosu then keep moving forward stepping over bosu to the floor then walk backwards around bosu back to starting position behind bosu; with arms in gaol post, add chest press arms when walking backwards
- Repeat #11 with other lead (and circling to other side of bosu)