Rebounder Cardio Dance Workout / 1980’s is Naomi Joy‘s latest rebounder workout. I was a little worried when I saw the title. I love all of Naomi’s workouts that I’ve done just like I love most of Cathe Friedrich‘s workouts. But I hate Cathe’s step cardio workouts that have complex choreography. I was worried this workout would be full of complex choreography and I would be lost. Not at all. There is choreography but it is not so complex that I had problems catching on. Now, I did mess up a few times but nothing major. This ended up being a fun, steady state cardio workout. I burned 311 calories. I will admit that this is not my favorite workout of Naomi’s but I did enjoy it and got a good cardio workout. It definitely kept my mind working, too. My husband kept trying to talk to me and I had to ask him to stop because I had to concentrate! I am a child of the 1980s–in fact, I graduated from high school in 1989, so I was expecting a lot of music I recognized. I didn’t recognize a single song in this workout. It is very good music, but it didn’t feel 1980s to me.
This workout has a long and thorough warm up (which I like). The arm movements in this workout have more of a dancy flourish than what is described below, so keep that in mind–the arm movements are rarely so basic. You are generally doing something with your wrists as well. Naomi takes her time teaching each move and building the moves. You learn the lower body portion then she adds the upper body portion then you run through each individual move in isolation many times to learn it before she starts stringing all of the moves together. When I list them in the break down, I show how they are built, but when you return to them when they are strung together, you are doing the finished version of the move.
Rebounder Cardio Dance Workout / 1980’s is 42:05 minutes; 5 minute warm up and 5 minute stretch. There is a timer in the lower right hand side of the screen counting down the total workout time (not including the stretch).
- Basic wide leg bounce, arms raise slowly out to sides to overhead then lower slowly straight in front of you
- Basic bounce with arm roll/circles for 3 counts + one side heel dig, pushing arms/hands down toward foot, alternate legs with arm circles between each side
- Repeat # 1 & 2
- Basic bounce, arms are raised to shoulder level, hands are in front of chest with elbows extended out to sides, open arms out to sides in a T, bend elbows again, bringing hands together in front of chest, push arms overhead, return arms to in front of chest with elbows extended to sides, open arms out to sides in a T, bend elbows, bringing hands together in front of chest, then lower arms into bicep curl–that is the full arm pattern you will be repeating, first slow then fast
- Continue #4 at the faster pace but add jacking the feet in time with the arms
- Repeat #4 & 5
- Hop tap one foot in front of you then out to side; changes to a low front kick alternated with a low side kick; add both arms “flicking” out to side when doing the side kick; add raising opposite arm overhead when doing the front kick
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Alternate #7 & 8 (one rep of each, alternating sides)
- Basic bounce, arms flow in front of you to shoulder height then back down to hips; add lateral ski jumps; hop pattern changes to single-single-double
- Squat jacks but to a pattern: do one squat jack to side/on a diagonal then come up into one cross jack and squat jack to other side on a diagonal–continue alternating sides with the squat jumps with a cross jack between sides, arms raise overhead when jacking and reach out to sides when squatting
- Hopping single leg knee raise + front kick, opposite arm is behind head, elbow reaches to knee as it raises and hand reaches for toe when kicking + one hopping hip twist + one double hop while twisted to side, for this part of the move, arms are raised to shoulder level and elbows bend in opposition to hips–all of these moves are the full pattern on one side of the body, you alternate sides
- Repeat #3 & 6
- Repeat #3 & 5
- Repeat finished/complete #7
- Repeat #5 & 15
- Repeat #14 & 15
- Repeat finished/complete #10
- Repeat #15 & 18
- Repeat #17 & 18
- Repeat #18 & 11
- Repeat #17 & 21
- Repeat #12
- Repeat #11 & 12
- Run through the finish version of every move in the order it is listed above (you this for about 6 minutes)
- High knee runs; changes to high knee sprint
- Shift hop side to side; add big arm circles (cool down)
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: Trampoline Workout / Rebounder Cardio Dance Workout / 1980’s”