No Jumping // HIIT Cardio + Abs Workout is a fun little add on/finisher workout. I loved it! It is a cardio + strength workout that alternates core exercises with low impact cardio. And no equipment needed–it is all body weight. It was a lot of fun. Nothing complicated but very effective. There is no warm up or cool down/stretch at the end so it is perfect to tack onto the end of another workout before the stretch–then return to the other workout after this is over and do the stretch. That’s what I did this morning. This workout is done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand side of the screen, counting down the intervals and recoveries. Heather previews the next exercise during the recovery.
No Jumping // HIIT Cardio + Abs Workout is 16:54 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. I also used light hand weights for the first exercise just to increase the intensity.
- Boxer squat (one squat + one cross punch, alternate arms on punch)
- Plank rocker (in forearm plank, rock/rotate hips side to side, tapping hip to mat)
- Flying frog (squat then raise up onto toes, when in squat tap fingers to mat between legs, when you raise onto toes alternate extending arms out to sides in a T with raising both arms overhead)
- Full body crunch (lay on back on mat with legs extended straight and arms extended on mat overhead, do a full crunch, bringing knees into chest and tapping fingers to heels)
- In, out & up squat (do one narrow squat, do one step out squat, do another narrow squat then when you stand, raise onto toes, reaching arms overhead)
- Pilates 100
- Push up burpees (do a low impact burpee with a push up at the bottom)
- Frog crunch (lay on back, hands behind head, legs are raised off floor, keeping feet together, pull knees into chest, opening knees and bringing elbows to knees, pushing legs out straight at a 45 degree angle)
- Repeat #1-8