Trampoline Dance Workout/ Rebounder Cardio Workout/ Electro Swing is a very fun rebounder workout from Naomi Joy. This workout takes some brain power! It is similar to her 1980s dance cardio rebounder workout but I liked this one even more. Naomi puts together 3 different combos in the course of this workout. It was a bit challenging but I was able to catch on. Naomi looks really cute in this workout; she is wearing a little skirt over her yoga pants. Because you learn the moves before combining them, there is lots of repetition. Therefore, in the breakdown I will only list a move once, the first time it appears. The only other time I will list it is when it is combined with the other moves in the combo. So just know, you are repeating most of the moves in the breakdown many, many times. Some of the moves below are just to break things up–they are not part of a combo. This includes things like high knee runs, lateral skiers, jumping jacks, etc. Because I am not repeating things in the breakdown it will seem like sometimes all you are doing is moves to break things up–but that’s because you keep returning to the combos, I am just not listing it repeatedly in the breakdown. Especially at the end after you have learned everything. In fact, #21 below is the last move that is included in a combo. All of the moves after that are just used to break things up and give your mind a rest before resuming the combo work. Since Naomi is teaching the dance combos in this workout she is talking throughout. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down total workout time, not counting the stretch.
This was a fun cardio workout. The time seemed to fly! I burned 334 calories. Because this workout is only 44 minutes I used a short 16 minute workout by SanFran Fitness as a finisher.
Trampoline Dance Workout/ Rebounder Cardio Workout/ Electro Swing is 44:11 minutes; 1:30 warm up and 4 minute stretch.
- Basic bounce while doing “elbow isolations” (arms are extended, circle the forearms by moving at the elbow only, arms remain stationary from shoulder to elbow); changes to large arm circles (shoulders circle)
- Basic bounce with shoulder shimmy; changes to shoulder isolation (alternate pushing one shoulder forward)
- Double hopping hip twists, arms are raised to shoulder level and move in opposition to legs
- Single hip twist hops, one hand is behind head and other arm is extended to side and moves in opposition to hip twist (when hip is forward, arm pulls back); you will reduce the amount of reps you do on each side until you are doing 2 each side, alternating sides–which is the end product that will be included in combos
- Insole tap in front of you (tap heel w/ opposite hand) + heel tap behind you (tap heel of same leg with opposite hand) (do lots of reps on one side, then on the other side; final version is to alternate sides)
- Bouncing in split stance, kick one leg forward then kick the same leg behind you; when kicking forward reach opposite arm overhead, when kicking backward reach same side arm overhead
- Hopping hip twists with legs together, arms are at sides for first 4 reps then raise overhead the last 4 reps
- Alternating hopping knee raises with elbow isolations (see #1)
- Repeat end product of #4
- 2 squat jumps + quick feet (you land with legs wide and start quick feet with legs wide but then bring legs together while continuing to do quick feet)
- Fast feet moving forward and back
- High knee run
- Alternating hopping knee raises; arms extend out to sides in a T + reach overhead (arm movements are in time with knee raises)
- Double squat jacks
- One knee is bent with heel raised, one arm is extended high and other low (so arms are a diagonal line), hop in a circle with body in this position
- High knee run, tap fingers together under thigh when knee raises
- One knee raise bringing opposite elbow to knee + one knee raise (same leg) reaching arms overhead and pulling them down to frame leg as it raises
- Repeat final version of #5
- Repeat #6
- Basic bounce with large arm circles (arms circle so that they cross each other in front of body)
- Basic bounce with shoulder shimmy
- Lateral ski hops
- Double knee raise hops (hop 2x on one leg while other knee is raised, alternate legs)
- Jumping jacks
- High knee run wide to narrow
- High knee sprints with directional changes
- Lateral skiers to single-single-double pattern
- Approximately 40 seconds of cool down bouncing
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
3 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: Trampoline Dance Workout/ Rebounder Cardio Workout/ Electro Swing”
This looks like so much fun! I can’t wait until Santa brings me my rebounder at Christmas! 🥳
This morning I saw a new AMRAP workout pop up from Heather so instead of doing a HiiT workout, I subbed the new one. You definitely need to add it to your to-do list. It’s as good as her other strength/metabolic AMRAP from a few months ago.
I tacked on a 10 min push-up segment from Caroline, a 10 min ab finisher from Heather and a 10 min UB AMRAP from a new to me group called Group Fit. It was pitched as a bi/tri burnout which is why I picked it but it worked all muscle groups which was fine.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I do have Heather’s new AMRAP on my To Do list–along with several of her other new workouts. Due to their lengths I will probably just use them as doubles workouts. Especially since I think I am actually going to follow the new rotation I posted. Not until mid-November though.
LikeLiked by 1 person