Rebounding Abdominal Core Workout / 10 Min Core Finisher is add on workout created by Naomi Joy. Naomi has a lot of awesome rebounder workouts of all different lengths. In her intro, she shares that she created this workout to add on to the end of one of her rebounder workouts to get some additional core work. Rebounding itself can be a core workout, depending on the move, but this is a nice way to get in some extra core work at the end of one of her intense rebounding workouts. All of the exercises are done on or using the rebounder. This morning I did one of Naomi’s intense tabata rebounder workouts and used this as a finisher. It worked my core nicely. This is an intermediate level core workout but if you need something easier, for almost every exercise Naomi shows an easier modification. The most challenging (and fatiguing) move for me was the V sit bounce (#10 below). It looks like so much fun while Naomi is doing it, but the burn! Especially after just finishing the V sit circle (the preceding move)! The V sit bounce works your entire core–front to back. An excellent rebounder strength move.
The exercises are done interval style; each exercise is done for 50 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest/recovery. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. There is a timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen, counting down the intervals and recoveries. There is another timer in the upper left hand corner of the screen counting down total workout time.
Rebounding Abdominal Core Workout / 10 Min Core Finisher is 12:03 minutes; the first 50 seconds is Naomi giving form pointers; no warm up or stretch. During the workout a small video sometimes appears in the upper left hand corner of the screen showing easier modifications.
- Opposite leg to arm (bird dog move–on forearms and knees on rebounder, extend one leg out straight behind you and the opposite arm in front of you, hold briefly before lowering, alternate sides)
- Low flutter kick (lay on back on rebounder, hands hold rebounder frame overhead, extend legs straight at slightly lower than a 45 degree angle, flutter kick legs)
- Twist (R) (single side bicycle maneuver–lay on back, hands behind head, legs raised and knees bent at 90 degrees, bringing one elbow to opposite knee while extending other leg straight)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Side crunch plank (in straight arm plank with hands on rebounder frame and feet on floor, bring one knee to same side elbow outside of body, alternate sides)
- Side plank twist (in side elbow plank with elbow on rebounder and feet on floor, reach top arm to ceiling then twist torso downward while reaching top arm underneath body)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Tail bone curl (reverse crunch–lay on back on rebounder, hands hold rebounder frame overhead, raise straight legs to ceiling lifting hips into a reverse crunch then lower legs)
- V sit circle (sit on bottom on rebounder with upper body leaned back on elbows, legs are extended straight so body forms a V, from this starting position, draw a large circle with legs, alternate directions)
- V sit bounce (sit on bottom on rebounder, torso leaned back slightly, knees bent and feet elevated, bounce on bottom–do not use hands)
- Banana hold (lay on back, legs raised and extended straight, arms raised overhead, head, shoulders, arms and legs are all elevated, hold this position isometrically for entire interval)