10 Min Total Body No Repeats HIIT is Day 27 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is a nice little finisher to add onto the end of a longer total body strength workout to give it a finishing touch. I used it today to finish off Heather’s Total Body Supersets workout. That workout had already thoroughly worked my entire body so the fact this finisher didn’t do a great job delivering on the “total body” promise in the title was not a big deal. This was not my favorite of Heather’s Daily 10 workouts. Mostly due to one exercise–the T climber (#9 below). I have years of chronic shoulder problems and my shoulders did not like that exercise. So this is not a finisher I will be using again.
10 Min Total Body No Repeats HIIT is 10:42 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Heather is using 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Squat, lunge & curl (one narrow squat + one reverse lunge on the right leg, do a double arm hammer curl when lunging) (15# DBs)
- Deadlift, lunge & lift (one deadlift + one reverse lunge on the left leg, do a double arm front raise when lunging) (8# DBs)
- Bear kick back (in bear pose (on hands and toes, with knees bent and elevated a few inches off the floor), alternate raising one leg, pushing sole of foot to ceiling)
- Flying frog (squat then raise up onto toes, when in squat tap fingers to mat between legs, when you raise onto toes alternate extending arms out to sides in a T with raising both arms overhead)
- V sit & punch (sit on mat, torso leaned back, knees bent and feet elevated off mat, hold this V sit position while doing alternating cross punches) (5# DBs)
- Side lunge & raise (holding one DB in one hand, do a stationary side lunge on one side of the body, reach DB down to foot when lunging and when straightening out of lunge do one straight arm side raise) (one 9# DB)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Plank pass (in straight arm plank with one DB on floor outside of one hand, reach under body with other hand, grab DB and pull it under body to other side, set DB on floor and do one push up, alternate sides) (one 15# DB)
- T-climber (in straight arm plank with one DB in each hand, step one foot up to same side hand, rotate torso while also raising DB to ceiling, place DB back on mat, return to straight arm plank and do one push up, alternate sides) (8# DBs)
- Back & forth inchworm (start standing, hinge forward, walk hands out until you are in straight arm plank, walk feet to hands, stand and raise arms overhead, hinge forward, place hands on mat, walk feet out to plank, walk hands back to feet, stand and raise arms overhead)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.