This workout is set outdoors in a beautiful park with flowers blooming behind Naomi. During the stretch Naomi shares that it is Stanley Park in Vancouver and she is in the rose garden. It is a gorgeous backdrop for another awesome and intense rebounder workout from Naomi Joy. She just uploaded it this morning and I couldn’t wait to give it a try.
This rebounder workout is done a tabata style. A tabata workout is a high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout using the tabata protocol. Tabata circuits are traditionally done in 4 minute blocks: intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery; repeat this 20/10 interval 8 times for a 4 minute tabata circuit. You usually get a short active recovery (30-60 seconds) before moving on to another tabata circuit. This workout is done a little differently. This workout has 4 circuits of 2 exercises. You repeat each circuit 3 times before you move onto the next circuit. That equals 18 20/10 intervals in a row. Then Naomi gives you a 30 second rest before the finale, which is repeating all 8 exercises. Two things to keep in mind to get the most out of this workout: push down into the rebounder (this means you shouldn’t be bouncing high) and bounce as fast as you can. Do not try to keep time with the music. Your goal is to be out of breath by the end of the 20 seconds.
In spite of being a super intense cardio workout, the time seemed to fly by. It such fun! I loved the moves and I loved the scenery behind Naomi. It was over before I knew it. Naomi finished the workout with a wonderful and relaxing stretch. You get it all in just 23 minutes.
Rebounder Workout / Tabata HIIT Cardio Workout / Advanced Trampoline Workout is 23:37 minutes; 40 second intro, 3 minute warm up and 3:30 minute stretch. There is a timer in the lower left hand corner of the screen, counting down the workout time. There is another timer in the lower right hand side of your screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recovery Naomi previews the next exercise. This workout is done voice over and set to great, motivating music.
- Hip twist hops, arms are extended to sides and move in opposition to hips
- Alternating front kicks, chop clasped hands across body to thigh of leg that is kicking
- Repeat #1 & 2 two more times
- Alternating front kicks, pull arms down from overhead to sides of body with palms facing ceiling
- Jump squat with alternating front punches (punch once at top of squat)
- Repeat #4 & 5 two more times
- Alternating hopping insole taps
- Fast tuck jumps, pushing arms overhead when jumping (you are not jumping high with tuck jumps; bring knees up high but head/torso should not raise any higher than it does with the other moves)
- Repeat #7 & 8 two more times
- Cross jacks, arms cross in front of chest when feet cross
- High knee sprint with fast alternating front punches
- Repeat #10 & 11 two more times
- 30 second rest
- Repeat 1 & 2, 4 & 5, 7 & 8, 10 & 11