Total Body HIIT Yoga Fusion is Day 7 in Heather Robertson‘s Fusion Flow series. Heather’s Fusion Flow is a week of “yoga, Pilates and barre inspired movements with my favorite HIIT exercises.” There are 7 approximately 30 minute workouts in this series. This is definitely a fusion workout. I didn’t see any barre, but she fused yoga and pilates into a body weight strength workout. Some of the exercises are more challenging than others but I felt them all–either working my muscles or giving me some dynamic stretching. A very nice workout. Today is my recovery day so I started with this workout and finished with Fusion Flow Day 4, which is a relaxing full body stretch. A very nice combo for a recovery day.
Total Body HIIT Yoga Fusion is 32:12 minutes; 40 second intro, 3:20 minute warm up and 3:15 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are all done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews your next exercise.
- Down dog crunch (start in 3 leg down dog (one leg raised straight to ceiling) then flow forward into plank, bringing knee of raised leg to same side elbow–flow back and forth between these two poses)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Rocket up dog (start in upward facing dog then raise hips into plank and bend knees, pushing glutes back to knees, keeping knees elevated off floor)
- Warrior combo (flow from right angle pose to Warrior 2 to reverse warrior then back)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Airplane (balance on one leg, hinge forward raising other leg behind you until torso and straight leg make a straight line, arms are beside body, straighten, returning to upright, and bring back leg forward into knee raise while bringing hands together in prayer)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Down dog push up (flow between downward facing dog and a push up)
- Side plank & lift (in side elbow plank w/ top arm raised to ceiling, lower hips to floor then raise hips while also raising top straight leg)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Twisting chair pose (with legs and feet together and palms together in prayer, reach arms overhead then lower into chair pose while twisting torso to side into revolving chair pose, alternate sides while flowing between standing and revolving chair pose)
- Bear hop + twist (place hands on mat and jump feet back to bear pose (hands and toes on mat, knees bent and hovering over mat), jump feet back into hands and stand, twisting torso to one side while also opening arms to sides in a T, alternate sides w/ bear pose between each side)
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-12