Super Shred Full Body Workout is another fun and effective 20 minute workout from Popsugar. It is led by guest trainer Christine Bullock and Anna Renderer is present. This is the second Popsugar workout I’ve done that features Christine and I really like her. I like her so much I bought her Evolution 20 series and am watching her Super Shred DVD series on Amazon and Ebay, waiting for the price to drop. This workout is set up in 4 circuits. The first 3 circuits have 2 conditioning exercises followed by one cardio move. The final circuit is all cardio. Christine calls the final circuit a “Plyo Push.” Christine and Anna use 3 pound dumbbells and the modifier uses no dumbbells. Now, this isn’t the kind of workout that you can lift heavy weights. It is more bodyweight/conditioning exercises and the dumbbells are used to increase intensity. However, 3 pounds was still too light for me so I used 5 pound dumbbells for all of the exercises that required dumbbells except for one exercise and I used 12 pound dumbbells for that one. That one was in Circuit 3 and it is a single leg deadlift alternated with a side leg raise/bicep curl. 3 or 5 pound dumbbells is just silly for that combo. I actually felt it with 12 pounds!
Overall, a great little add on. I used it after Cathe Live: Compound Giant Sets which is only 42 minutes. So this was the perfect finisher. Not advanced but an intense little intermediate level workout that worked nicely with Compound Giant Sets.
Super Shred Full Body Workout is 21:30 minutes long; 1 minute warm up and 45 second stretch. There is a modifier who does easier versions of every exercise. Christine and Anna use 3 pound dumbbells, I used 5 and 12 pound dumbbells. Equipment needed for this workout is dumbbells and a mat. The dumbbell weights listed below are what I used for each exercise. If no dumbbell weight is listed then it is a bodyweight only exercise.
- Squat w/ Rotation Press (hold DBs in front of you, arms bent at 90 degree angle, squat then twist torso to side and push DBs overhead; alternate sides) (5# DBs)
- Lunge Bounce w/ Lateral Press (lunge forward and raise DBs to side (straight arms), bounce front foot up while bringing arms down, when foot lands raise arms/DBs to side again, then return to standing) (5# DBs)
- Quick Feet w/ Drop Squat (fast feet and, when Christine tells you to, you jump into a squat)
Repeat Circuit 1 doing #2 on other leg.
- Scorpion Kick w/ Y Press (get onto all 4s, DBs on floor in front of you and bring one foot up beside hand; while leaning forward in this position, raise DBs into a Y, lower DBs to floor and bring leg that was by hand out into a hydrant position, then push leg back behind you, kicking across to the other side of the body) (5# DBs)
- Tricep Push Up w/ Leg Press (do a tricep push up on knees and as you lower you push one leg out straight behind you; alternate legs)
- Low Squat w/ Uppercut (5# DBs)
Repeat Circuit 2 doing #1 on other leg.
- V-Flip w/ Tabletop Press (sit on bottom, knees bent, hands behind you; press into reverse tabletop (crab) and press one arm overhead and to the opposite side of the body, lower back to bottom and do a sit up)
- Bullocks Booty Lift (one leg deadlift alternated with side leg raise w/ bicep curl) (12# DBs)
- Single Leg Burpee w/ Single Leg Skater (do a one leg burpee, do a skater to side, do one leg burpee on other leg, do a skater back to start)
Repeat Circuit 3 doing #1 & 2 on other side of body.
- Traveling Mountain Climber (do a mountain climber but move feet from side to side as they run/climb)
- Star Jumps (air jacks but come down to squat w/ legs together and fingertips touching the ground)
- Heel Claps (jump/jack tapping heels together)
Repeat Circuit 4.
For more info on Popsugar and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
One thought on “Popsugar: Super Shred Full Body Workout”