Calorie Crushing Cardio & Legs is a short but effective strength + cardio workout by Popsugar and Anna Renderer. This was a fun little workout that combines bodyweight strength with cardio blasts–and some of the cardio is also plyo strength moves. For such a short workout, Anna does a great job giving your lower body a nice and thorough burn with some good cardio. It’s not a super intense workout, but it’s not easy either. Its a solid intermediate level workout. Anna shows beginner levels that you can do many of the exercises at and even gives more advanced options for some of the exercises. I really liked this workout a lot.
One minor negative. You could barely hear the music so I suggest using your own music to accompany it. Otherwise, a great little workout. Anna and her crew had a great time, lots of joking and laughing and working hard. The warm up is structured similar to the workout; dynamic stretches alternated with cardio.
25 Minute Calorie Crushing Cardio & Legs Workout is actually 26 minutes long; 5 minute warm and 4 minute stretch. The only equipment needed is a fitness mat.
- Good mornings
- Squat hop (stay in squat–never stand and do small hops)
- Split lunge w/ knee tap (static lunge so low you tap your knee to mat)
- Isometric one leg bridge (this is actually more of a straight arm crab; hold one leg crab)
- Lateral shuffle 3x then tap floor
- Single leg squat, tapping the floor w/ finger tips and hop
- Scissor leg jacks
- Running box (run forward and back or side to side–just one step forward or to the side as if running in and out of a box)
- Repeat everything
For more info on Popsugar and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page