Squat Free Lower Body Strength Workout is one of Jessica Smith’s newer (free) YouTube workouts and it is a solid add on workout. Not a ton of reps but it does the job if you are using it as a finisher to another workout, which is what I did. I did Barlates: Energy Flow/Functional first, which tore my legs up. This was the perfect way to finish it off and round out my hour. I needed something that continued to work me well but was not nearly as intense as the Barlates workout I had just finished and this fit the bill nicely.
Peanut also joins us for this workout. She is chewing her bone, wandering around then crashing into a nap, looking adorable as always.
19 Minute Squat Free Body Strength Workout is 19:30 minutes; 5 minute warm up and 1:30 minute stretch. Equipment: 2-15 pound dumbbells (Jessica is using 7 pound dumbbells and I used 15 pound dumbbells).
- Side leg lift, holding DBs against your thighs
- Stationary pulse lunges
- Single leg deadlift
- Lift leg across body, lead with heel, insole to ceiling
- Repeat #3 & 4 on other side of body
- Get on hands and knees, raise and lower straight leg behind you; keep leg raised straight behind you and bend and straighten knee; keep knee bent and pulse/push foot up to ceiling
- Lay on back, knees bent and feet on floor, cross one ankle over the other knee, raise and lower hips, foot on floor is flexed so you heel is pushing into floor
- Lay on one hip and forearm, knees bent in front of you, open and close legs in a clamshell, keeping heels together
- Same starting position as #8, bend top knee in toward chest then press leg out straight away from you
- Repeat #7-9 on other side of body