Lower Body Sculpt is the Day 9 workout in AngieFitnessTV‘s Fit Over 40 program. This was an effective and doable lower body workout. Angie tells you ways to modify the exercises to make them easier and also ways to make them more difficult. I wore an 8 pound vest to increase the intensity. Like her other Fit Over 40 workouts that I’ve done, you do a circuit of 10 exercises and each exercise is done for 60 seconds. Then the exact same circuit is repeated. Before you repeat the circuit Angie challenges you to do some of the things she suggests to make the second circuit more challenging. I frequently take her up on that challenge when doing her Fit Over 40 workouts. In this workout, I could have added ankle weights to make it more challenging but using the weighted vest was plenty for me. I was feeling it in my legs and didn’t need the ankle weights. At least not this time. Maybe next time. The only equipment Angie uses in this workout is a stability ball. You use it for everything and Angie manages to hit your legs from all angles–glutes, hamstrings, quads and inner thighs are all worked. You also get some core work thrown in if you do some her more advanced modifications. I have never actually done a stationary lunge with a stability ball between my back and a wall. So that was different!
There is a link below the YouTube workout that leads to a webpage about this 30 day plan. The plan itself costs $19.99 but the Fit Over 40 Workouts themselves are free on YouTube.
Lower Body Sculpt is 30:45 minutes; 5 minute warm up and 5 minute stretch. Equipment: stability ball. Each exercise is done for one minute.
- Wall squats (stability ball is between back and wall)
- Stationary lunges (ball is still between back and wall)
- Lay on side over ball, bottom knee is on the floor, raise and lower straight top leg
- Lay on back on floor, knees bent and heels on top of ball, raise and lower hips into bridge
- Still laying on back, lift both legs straight to ceiling, ball is between calves, squeeze ball with calves (she gives a more advanced modification to work your abs, too)
- Wide wall squats (stability ball is between back and wall)
- Repeat #2 on other leg
- Repeat #3 on other leg
- Repeat #4 but legs are straight
- Still laying on back, lift both legs straight to ceiling, ball is between calves, bend and straighten knees bringing ball to floor then raising it to ceiling
- Repeat #1-10