10 Minute Barre Leg Workout is a short but tough lower body workout by Dustin Ripkins. In 10 minutes Dustin fried my lower body. Dustin uses his rebounder on it’s side to serve as a barre, but if you do not have a rebounder, you can just use a chair. I have a T bar on my rebounder, so I did the workout on my rebounder, which is an unstable surface and therefore made it even more challenging. I did this in combination with one of Dustin’s other lower body workouts: 5 Must Do Booty Exercises and, between the two, my lower body was fried. Seriously fried. Not bad for 25 minutes. I also did Dustin’s 6 minute warm up done on a rebounder as my warm up and I finished the workout off with a wonderful 5 minute stretch by Naomi Joy. I finished this about an hour ago and my legs still feel weak.
10 Minute Barre Leg Workout is 11:47 minutes. Equipment: rebounder set on its side or a chair or a barre.
- Small barre squats (legs together, heels raised, lower into squat with spine straight, raise and lower in small squats); changes to faster pulses
- Hold barre squat position from #1, and do small hip tucks
- Legs and feet together, do heel raises (legs are straight); hold with heels raised, arms extended overhead and eyes closed
- Lift one leg with knee bent and foot against inside of other thigh, raise and lower heel of other leg; hold with heel raised and both arms extended overhead
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Start with heels together and toes turned out slightly, lift one leg with knee bent in front of you and pulse leg up (insole faces the ceiling); keep leg raised and pulse leg to side (in the direction of other leg); combine the two moves–pulse leg to side then raise up
- Same starting position as #6, raise heel of stationary leg, extend raised leg straighter, flex foot and pulse press heel in front of you
- Repeat #6 & 7 on other leg
- Wide plie squats; hold at bottom of squat and do alternating heel raises; raise both heels and pulse squat