5 Must Do Booty Exercises is a short but tough lower body workout from Dustin Ripkins. I did this in combination with one of Dustin’s other lower body workouts: 10 Minute Barre Leg Workout and, between the two, my lower body was fried. Seriously fried. Not bad for 25 minutes. I also did Dustin’s 6 minute warm up done on a rebounder as my warm up and I finished the workout off with a wonderful 5 minute stretch by Naomi Joy. I finished this about an hour ago and my legs still feel weak.
As the title indicates, there are 5 exercises in this workout. Each is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the upper right-hand corner of the screen counting down the intervals and recoveries. Although Dustin does the workout on a rebounder, it is not necessary if you don’t have one. There is no bouncing so you can do it on the floor.
5 Must Do Booty Exercises is 15:15 minutes; 45 seconds minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Each move is done for 40 seconds with 20 seconds of rest. Equipment: rebounder and booty band. You are wearing your booty band around your thighs for all of the exercises.
- Stand on rebounder with booty band around thighs, squat + leg lift to side, alternate legs
- Squat clams (booty band is still around thighs, lower into squat and hold isometrically while turning feet out then in)
- Scorpion + fire hydrant ((hydrant=lifting bent leg out to side, scorpion=raise bent leg straight behind you, foot to ceiling)
- Repeat #3 on other leg
- Still on all 4s on rebounder, extend one leg out straight behind you, hold isometrically and bend and straighten knee
- Repeat #5 on other leg
- Glute bridge (lay on back on rebounder, knees bent and feet on frame, raise hips and open knees, close knees and lower hips)
- Repeat #1-7