Side Booty Workout at Home / Pilates Glute Workout is a tough little mat based lower body workout from Naomi Joy. Since it is so short I used this as a finisher workout after a longer cardio + strength workout. So I was already pretty worn out when I came to this workout. This workout definitely finished my glutes off. I am always so impressed with Naomi and other instructors that can just keep going without stopping while doing these torturous lower body mat workouts. Naomi does every exercise in a slow and controlled manner, frequently pausing briefly at the top of the move. The burn! I had to take multiple personal breaks to thaw my poor glutes out. Naomi never stopped. Even between exercises she kept her leg raised while she gave form pointers! Maybe if I had come to this workout fresh I wouldn’t have to take mini breaks but I doubt it. This was a great finisher workout. My glutes are still feeling it!
Side Booty Workout at Home / Pilates Glute Workout is 13:45 minutes; no warm up and one minute glute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. There is a timer in the lower left hand corner of the screen, counting down total workout time, not counting the stretch.
- Lay on side, knees bent at 45 degrees and legs stacked, insoles of feet are kept pressed together, raise feet off ground and hold them isometrically while you open and close knees (15 reps)
- Same starting position as #1 (bottom knee is on the ground and top knee is open with insoles of feet together and feet raised isometrically), straighten top leg then bring insoles together again (10 reps)
- Still laying on side, knees still bent but now at 90 degrees and legs stacked, flex top foot and raise and lower top bent leg (15 reps)
- Still laying on side, bottom knee is bent, extend top leg straight and position leg slightly behind you, flex foot and rotate ankle so toes face toward the floor, raise and lower straight leg in this position (15 reps)
- Still laying on side, bottom knee is bent, extend top leg straight with toe pointed, tap toe to floor in front of you then raise leg, when you lower the leg again, this time bringing it behind you and tap toe to floor behind you (15 reps)
- Still laying on side, bottom knee is bent, extend top leg straight and raise partially, draw small circles (dinner plate size) with leg (10 reps)
- Repeat #6 but reverse the direction of the circles
- Get into same position as #4, bring straight leg further behind you and pulse leg upward (30 reps)
- Repeat #1-8 on other leg