10 Min Lower Body HIIT Workout is Day 7 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. Though lower body is in the title, this is actually a short little cardio workout. There is some lower body focus in some of the exercises, but it is basically all cardio. In fact, the only exercise I actually felt in my lower body was the Lunge drive–that did burn the working leg out, but everything else was pure cardio; some of the exercises don’t even have a lower body focus. Some of the exercises are low impact moves and some are high impact moves. I used this as a finisher after a longer strength workout and it gave me nice burst of cardio to finish off my workout. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
10 Min Lower Body HIIT Workout is 10:37 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Squat & kick (squat + one straight leg front kick/lift, reaching opposite hand to toe, alternate legs when kicking)
- Scissor squats (4 scissor runs then jump into a squat)
- Lunge drive (reverse lunge into a front knee raise)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Hop squat (2 hops then jump out into squat)
- High knees & butt kicks (alternate 4 high knee runs with 4 butt kick runs)
- Up & out jacks (one jumping jack + jack the legs while reaching both arms from in front of you to overhead with hands stacked)
- Pop lunges (hop back into reverse lunge then hop feet together, alternate sides when lunging)
- Climber jacks (2 mountain climbers (once each leg) + one plank jack)
- Pop jack (traditional jumping jack but when legs are together you land in a narrow squat)