10 Min Booty Burn | Mini Band | Beat Driven Fun is a short but tough workout from Michelle Briehler to fry your lower body. I used it as an add on/finisher workout after doing one of Caroline Girvan‘s brutal glute/hamstring workouts. So my lower body was already very fatigued when I came to this workout. This short lower body workout did a great job of finishing me off. I used my rubber booty band/resistance loop instead of my thick cloth ones. The rubber ones work better when the band is below the knees (for me at least) and also for more active workouts. At the beginning of this workout you are moving a lot. Then you are stationary/balanced for a more focused burn. Michelle and crew balanced on one leg but I used a chair to assist my balance. Excellent little finisher! And I think this is the first non-rebounder workout by Michelle that I have done!
10 Min Booty Burn | Mini Band | Beat Driven Fun is 10:41 minutes; 30 second intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: mini band/booty band/resistance loop and an optional chair. Workout starts with booty band around calves.
- Step touch side to side; continue but changes to 2 side steps to each side
- Monster walk (squat walk forward and back)
- Repeat #1 & 2
- Alternate lifting legs behind you (reach opposite arm forward when lifting leg back)
- Repeat #3 & 4
- (Michelle and crew are balanced on one leg, I used a chair for balance) Raise and lower one leg behind you on a diagonal; continue lifting leg but straight behind you now; alternate the two lifts–one on a diagonal and one straight behind you
- Lift and lower one leg out to side
- Repeat #6 & 7 on other leg
- Alternating side leg lifts
- Alternate lifting legs behind you on a diagonal
- Air squats
- Swing one leg forward and back
- Lift one leg to the front and pulse it upward
- Step touch side to side
- Repeat #12 & 13 on other leg
- (raise band higher–Michele raises hers to just around her knees, I raised mine to just above my knees) Bend one knee and push sole of foot straight behind you
- Repeat #16 on other leg
For more info on Michelle Brieher’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.