This is another Barlates workout that I have on DVD but Linda offers free on YouTube. I bought the collection Full Body HIIT, which contains 3 twenty minute workouts. This workout, Full Body Barre Express and Full Body Weights Express (which I haven’t done yet). This workout wasn’t as intense as Full Body Barre Express but it was still a great workout and I really enjoyed it. It is set up the same–16 exercises, each done for 50 seconds with a 10 second recovery, so the total work time is 16 minutes. This workout is low impact, which is a big bonus. Linda uses light dumbbells to increase intensity, so one way to make this workout even more intense is to use heavier dumbbells. Now, since this is a fast paced cardio workout it is doubtful you can use anything heavy. I used 3 pound dumbbells but the next time I do this workout I will use 5 pound dumbbells which might go a long way to increasing the intensity. And I will be returning to this workout!
Full Body Ballet Box Express is 21 minutes long, no warm up and 3:30 minute stretch. Equipment: light weights (Linda uses 1kg or 2 pounds), I used 3 pound dumbbells and in the future I will use 5 pound dumbbells.You are holding hand weights for everything–so you never put them down. This is a low impact cardio workout.
- In plié, punch twice + 2 knee pulls; alternate sides
- In plié, do one plié squat, one plié squat w/ heels raised, then pivot into lunge (doing bicep curls throughout); alternate sides w/ lunges
- Running man arms w/ 4 knee pulls + front kick, side kick then step leg back
- Seesaw w/ delt fly, then seesaw w/ front raise (seesaw is raising leg and lowering torso as you would in Warrior 3)
- Repeat #3 & #4 on other leg
- Curtsy w/ 3 punch downs + one side kick
- Static curtsy lunges, for arms–bend arms, keeping elbows at side and rotate arms together then out to side, keeping elbows tight to side throughout
- Repeat # 6
- Repeat #7 but this time keep arms open to side and press arms out and in (so elbows to sides then press arms out straight to sides of body)
- Two plie jacks w/ goal post arms (so doing bent arm chest press w/ each jack) + 4 upper cuts
- Plie squats: come down into deep squat tapping DBs to floor then come up to standing onto tiptoes pressing DBs overhead
- Three knee pulls + one knee raise to side + one side kick
- Stand w/ arms raised overhead, raise knee to side and tap w/ same side elbow + raise same leg out straight to side tapping leg w/ same side hand; alternate these two moves
- Repeat #12 & #13 on other leg