Power Walk Inferno is is a very cool little workout from AngieFitnessTV. Nothing complicated but it is fun and varied. It is made up of cardio walking intervals alternated with agility/speed intervals using a step topper. I was given permission by my physical therapist today to do low impact step workouts and even speed/agility drills on just the topper. He felt they would be sufficiently low impact for my shoulder. I was really glad to find this workout by Angie to mix things up.
This workout is done interval fashion. Every move is done for 60 seconds. However, it is done in a sort of pattern. You do one 60 second speed drill then you do 120 seconds of cardio walking. The cardio walking interval is one move but you do it 60 seconds then change your lead leg and do it another 60 seconds.
Power Walk Inferno is 35:30 minutes; 45 second intro, 4 minute warm up and 3:45 minute stretch. The last minute is Angie talking. Equipment: step topper with no risers (4 inches).
- Cardio Walk: step forward then step out to side (lower into a wide partial squat when stepping out to side and into a partial lunge when stepping forward)
- Speed Drill: face step and run off and on step
- Cardio Walk: march 8x + 4 alternating knee raises to front
- Repeat #2 with other lead leg
- Cardio Walk: march in place 8x + 4 heel digs
- Speed Drill: stand beside step and side step tap on and off the step
- Cardio Walk: march in place 8x + 4 side taps w/ single arm cross punches
- Repeat #6 with other lead leg
- Cardio Walk: march 8x + front knee raise + tap back with other leg 2x
- Speed Drill: facing small side of step, place one foot on step to step over step length-wise then jog backwards beside step back to start
- Cardio Walk: march in place 4x + 2 gallops
- Repeat #10 with other lead leg
- Cardio Walk: march in place 8x + 4 knee raises out to side of body while pulling arm down from overhead and bringing elbow to knee
- Speed Drill: start standing on top of step, straddle step off then back on step
- Cardio Walk: march in place 8x + 4 hamstring curls
- Repeat #14 with other lead leg
- Cardio Walk: march in place 8x + wide squat march 8x
- Speed Drill: stand beside step, shuffle/side step over to the other side of the step then back to start
For more info on AngieFitnessTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “AngieFitnessTV: Power Walk Inferno”
Hi, I hope you are all doing well and feeling good. I am on your emailing list and when I received this I know I wanted to email you earlier about Cathe’s Ripped with Hiit dvds. I am on week 5, but want to start adding some heavier weights. I know you have posted a rotation with RWH and Gym style dvds. It sounds and looks good. Was just wondering if your results were good and if you have any other recommendations with the RWH series. Thanks and be well….Jackie
LikeLiked by 1 person
Depends on what kind of results you are looking for. My results strength-wise were good but I’ve had better from other programs (STS and Mark Lauren’s 90 Day Challenge). Visually, I did not touch anything but I also did not clean up my diet for it and that is essential to “see” results from most any program. Programs I actually visually saw results after completing are my Body Beast/PiYo Rotation and my STS/Glute Focused rotation.
If I am not answering your question let me know and I’ll try again.