This workout is labeled as suitable for beginners. So I decided to use it in conjunction with Series 21, Day 19 Dynamic Stretching for my recovery day workouts. Claire Francis of San Fran Fitness has created a series of 21 workouts. Each workout contains 21 moves. Some of the workouts are done on the rebounder and some of them are not. I am only doing the workouts that are done on the rebounder. I am not doing them in the order they were created. In fact, Day 18 and Day 19 are the last two of the Series 21 workouts I will be doing. To see a list of all of the Series 21 workouts I have done (and all of the the SanFran Fitness workouts I have done), check out SanFran Fitness on my Streaming page. This was actually a fabulous little lower intensity cardio workout. I really enjoyed it. There are no complicated exercises in this workout, yet Claire does get your heart rate elevated. She gives suggestions on how to make some of the exercises more intense as well as how to make some of them even easier. What a perfect recovery day workout! Actually, pairing this workout with Day 19, Dynamic Stretching completed the perfection. According to my FitBit I burned 261 calories between the two workouts. Most of that calorie burn was obviously in this workout.
All of the Series 21 workouts are made up of one circuit of 7 moves that is done 3 times, so 21 moves. Each exercise is done for one minute. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down each minute. You get a 10 second recovery between exercises.
Day 18 Low Impact Bounce is 26:14 minutes; no warm up or stretch. If you are not following this workout up with Day 19, Dynamic Stretching like I did, then you do need to finish this off with a stretch. I suggest either Naomi Joy‘s Standing Cool Down Stretch (most of that stretch can be done on your rebounder if you have a balance bar/T bar) or AngieFitnessTV‘s 6 minute stretch done on the rebounder.
- Basic bounce, swinging arms forward and back
- With legs wide, alternate toe taps to the front, still swinging arms forward and back
- Double jack the legs, raise arms to side then bring them together in front of you
- Alternating heel dig hops, swinging arms side to side
- Step touch side to side, swinging arms forward and back
- Double hop forward, double hop back, double hop to side, double hop to other side
- Step out wide to narrow, open arms to sides when legs are wide and lower when legs are together
- Repeat #1-7 two more times