As the title indicates, this is a stretching workout done on the rebounder. So I decided to use it in conjunction with Day 18 Low Impact Bounce for my recovery day workouts. Claire Francis of San Fran Fitness has created a series of 21 workouts. Each workout contains 21 moves. Some of the workouts are done on the rebounder and some of them are not. I am only doing the workouts that are done on the rebounder. I am not doing them in the order they were created. In fact, Day 18 and Day 19 are the last two of the Series 21 workouts I will be doing. To see a list of all of the Series 21 workouts I have done (and all of the the SanFran Fitness workouts I have done), check out SanFran Fitness on my Streaming page. I enjoyed these two workouts much more than I expected to. Paired together, they are excellent recovery day workouts. This workout is made up of dynamic stretches for your lower body–meaning you are are not holding the stretches for long periods of time, you are flowing through different levels of the stretch. The first 2 exercises are actually pretty vigorous; you are swinging your leg forward and back but it is not a controlled swing like you would do for a barre workout, you are swinging your leg as high in either direction to stretch the muscles and get lots of movement in the joint. For #4 & 5 you are flowing between two different stretches. This was a feel good workout. Day 18 Low Impact Bounce warmed me up nicely without working my hard and this workout actually kept me warm while stretching me out nicely.
All of the Series 21 workouts are made up of one circuit of 7 moves that is done 3 times, so 21 moves. Each exercise is done for one minute. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down each minute. You get a 10 second recovery between exercises. For this workout, Claire turns her rebounder on its side for some of the stretches. If you have a balance or T bar on your rebounder, that is not necessary. I have a T bar and I did those stretches on my rebounder and held onto my T bar for balance.
Day 19 Dynamic Stretching is 25:48 minutes; no warm up or stretch, but for this workout you do not need either. But I do suggest pairing it with Day 18 Low Impact Bounce for a wonderful 52 minute recovery day workout.
- (rebounder is on its side, hold legs for balance) Swing one leg forward and back
- Repeat #1 on other leg
- (rebounder is back on all its legs) Stand beside rebounder, facing it, roll down into forward fold, placing hands on rebounder (or floor if you are more flexible) then roll back up to standing
- Place one foot on rebounder and other foot on the floor, push hips forward into a deep lunge to stretch the hip flexors then push glutes back, straightening leg that is on the rebounder and hinging forward over straight leg to stretch hamstring and calf, flow between these two moves, holding each for a few seconds
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- (rebounder is on its side again, hold legs for balance–see picture) Quad stretching, holding foot with same side hand and pulling heel into glute, slowly hinge forward, raising leg behind you (similar to Dancer’s pose but keep heel close to glutes and hold the rebounder for stability) then return to upright position
- Repeat # 6 on other leg
- Repeat #1-7