30 Min Advanced Trampoline HIIT Workout | Intense Cardio | Rebounder is a cardio workout from Michelle Briehler done on the rebounder. Though it is labeled advanced, most of the moves are not actually advanced. A few of them are but Michelle gives alternatives if they are too advanced for you. The workout does get intense though, so the intensity level might be what is advanced for some people, rather than the moves themselves. This workout is made up of one 8 exercise circuit that is repeated 3 times. However, each time the circuit is repeated Michelle makes changes to some of the exercises. The one negative for me is that you need shoes for at least one of the exercises–or at least I do. It is a box jump onto the rebounder. I do not like to wear shoes for cardio rebounder workouts (I don’t mind wearing shoes for cardio + strength workouts but if all we are doing is cardio–I hate wearing shoes), so I did the alternative move Michelle offered–squat jumps on the rebounder. The other exercise is a roll back move where you come off the rebounder and jump on the floor. For that move I put a thick mat on the floor beside the rebounder to protect my feet (my heels are full of metal, which is why I need shoes or some form of protection for impact).
This was a fun and intense rebounder workout. The exercises are done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. When there is 10 seconds left of the interval, a timer appears in the right hand side of the screen counting down those last 10 seconds. Michelle gives you a longer recovery before you repeat the circuit. After you repeat the circuit 3 times, Michelle gives you a slower cool down bounce routine. According to my Fitbit, I burned 281 calories.
30 Min Advanced Trampoline HIIT Workout | Intense Cardio | Rebounder is 33:40 minutes; one minute intro, 3:30 minute warm up and 1:30 minute stretch.
- High knee run
- One jumping jack + one tuck jump
- Two single knee raises (knee raises to side of body, same side arm reaches overhead, pull elbow down to knee as it raises) + 2 hopping hip twists
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- 2 “rocking horses” (front kick with one leg + hamstring curl into a front kick with other leg) + 2 jumping jacks
- Squat jumps (start on floor, jump onto rebounder landing in squat then jump; Michelle gives the option of doing regular squat jumps on the rebounder)
- Double heel digs once each leg + 4 lateral ski hops
- Stand on floor with rebounder behind you, sit on rebounder, roll onto back raising bent knees (she calls this “dead bug”), roll back to sitting, stand and jump
- 25 second break
- Repeat #2-9
- Repeat #1; sprint the last 15 seconds
- Repeat #2; tuck jumps only the last 20 seconds
- Repeat #5 & 6
- Heel digs to single-single-double pattern + lateral hops to single-single-double pattern
- Repeat #8
- Repeat #3; changes to just side knee raises; changes to just front kicks
- Repeat #17 on other side of body
Cool down cardio/no intervals:
- Shift hop side to side
- Basic bounce
- Knee raise hops while rotating to side (raise knee while facing one direction, other leg does a quarter turn hop, lower leg while facing other direction, reverse this back to start)
- Single leg low front kicks, 8 kicks each leg
- Basic bounce
- Double jacks
- Single knee raise, 8 reps each leg
- Single leg side kicks, 8 reps each leg
- Repeat #6
For more info on Michelle Brieher’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.