Fitness Trampoline Workout / HIIT Cardio Mash Up / No Talking Workout is a cardio workout from Naomi Joy. When she created this workout, Naomi was recovering from COVID, so she used her interval/HIIT workouts and created a “mash up”–taking intervals from various workouts and putting them together to create something new and fun. This was an awesome rebounder workout! I have done all of Naomi’s rebounder workouts–most of them many times–so I was familiar with all of the intervals. I loved every one of them! She pulled from both cardio workouts and from cardio + strength workouts. In the case of the latter, she obviously only pulled the cardio intervals. Also, all of the workouts she pulled from were filmed outdoors, so doing this workout is like a beautiful tour of Vancouver, Canada!
The intervals are 40 seconds long followed by 10-20 second recovery periods (most of the recoveries seemed to be 10 seconds though a few were longer). There is a timer at the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. There is another timer at the top of the screen counting down the workout time minus the stretch. Naomi previews the next exercise during the recoveries. Unlike her other intervals workouts there is no voice over giving form pointers. She does do voice over during the warm up and during the stretch, but the intervals are just music and following along.
Due to the length there are lots of ways I can (and will!) use this workout. This morning I paired it with another rebounder cardio workout so that my total workout time this morning was just under an hour. Since Naomi always gives us such wonderful stretches at the end of her workouts, I did this workout last. So I came to it already warmed up from 33 minutes of cardio from the other workout. According to my FitBit I burned 203 calories during this workout and spent a total of 7 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. Plus, this was tons of fun!
Fitness Trampoline Workout / HIIT Cardio Mash Up / No Talking Workout is 24:24 minutes; 40 second intro, 2:30 minute warm up and 3:30 minute stretch.
- Bouncing alternating knee raises w/ jump rope arms
- Lateral hops with speed bag arms
- Alternating hopping knee raise, fingers tap together when leg is raised then raise to sides in a T
- Double hop + one tuck jump
- Jump with legs/feet together, with palms together at chest level push arms straight in front of you, open arms out to sides, close arms bringing palms together again then bend elbows, pulling hands back to chest
- Alternating front kicks with alternating front punches (punch with opposite arm from leg that is kicking)
- Quarter turn squat jumps (jump to side, jump to front, jump to other side)
- Alternating hopping knee raises, arms are raised to shoulder level and extended out to sides in a T, bend elbows bringing hands together in front of chest then extend arms out straight in a T
- Twist hip hops with legs/feet together, arms are moving in opposition to hips while also raising and lowering
- High knee run, arms push over head, then lower fingertips to shoulders then push arms out to sides in a T
- Alternating heel dig hops with arms in genie
- Fast feet, arms are held at shoulder level, reach arms in front of you then pull them back behind you, keeping arms straight in a sort of swimming motion
- Alternating hopping front kicks, when kicking do a front punch with opposite arm
- Jack the legs, arms alternate opening to sides in a T and pushing overhead
- High knee sprint, hands are stacked and rotate to knee as it raises
- Squat jump w/ hands in prayer + cross jack, when jacking, raise arms to shoulder level and pull elbows back behind you, alternate which foot crosses in front when jacking
- Alternating hopping knee raise, palms are together and arms chop down to thigh when knee raises
- Double jacks, reach arms overhead/in front of you with palms together when feet are together, pull arms back with arms close to sides when legs are wide
- Squat jacks with alternating front punch (punch while in squat)
- High knee sprint with fast alternating front punches