Leg Sculpting Hot Pants Workout is another awesome little 10 minute workout from Popsugar led by Anna Renderer. This time it is just Anna. She has no exercisers with her. I really liked this one a lot. It is a perfect add-on/finisher for a lower body workout. That is not how I ended up using it today, but it is how I will use it in the future. Today it finished off cardio kickboxing/metabolic weight training (Cathe Live: Quick Fix Kickboxing).
It is a little contrast training lower body workout in the spirit of Ripped with HIIT. Do not expect the intensity of Ripped with HIIT but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a great little workout for only 10 minutes. Contrast training is doing a strength exercise then following it with a plyometric exercise that mimics the strength move. For this workout Anna recommends 5 to 10 pound dumbbells. She used 5s. I ended up using both 5s and 10s. And in the future having a set of 8s would probably work well, too, since one of the exercises I used 5 pounds on, I think I could have used 8s. She also has a mat. The mat isn’t a necessity but it is used a marker for some of the exercises so I would have it laid out in front of you.
The dumbbell weights listed below are what I used. Anna used 5 pound dumbbells for every strength exercise.
- Lateral squat walk with toe tap (start at one end of the mat and take 3 squat walks to other end then while remaining in squat, tap outside leg to side 3 times; you will squat walk and tap back and forth) 10# DBs
- Side to side shuffle hop (start at one end of mat and fast shuffle to other and squat, fast shuffle back and squat–sort of hop down into the squat)
- Single leg deadlift, 10# DBs
- Single leg touch and jump (stand on one leg, tap finger tips to ground then hop up, bringing knee in front of you), 30 seconds each leg
- Reverse lunge and twist (hold arms/DBs in goal post, alternate reverse lunges and at bottom of lunge, twist torso/arms/DBs toward front leg), 5# DBs (I could probably use 8# DBs for this one)
- Split lunge hop (jump lunges; she gives you the option of doing straight jump lunges, or lunge-hop-lunge jumps)
- Lateral lunge and runners runners squat (deep side lunge then do a one leg/balance squat), 10# DBs
- Skater plyo
- Figure 4 hip stretch
3 thoughts on “Popsugar: Leg Sculpting Hot Pants Workout”
I love that you’re reviewing these short little Popsugar workouts. Sometimes, when I end my workouts, I feel like I can do just alittlebit more but end up not doing anything because I don’t have anything short enough to tack on. Plus, I REALLY like Anna Renderer. 🙂 I think she is so adorable; encouraging, motivating and cheerful without being annoying. She seems so real and down-to-Earth; working out with her feels so comfortable and relaxing, even when I’m working hard and feeling it!
Popsugar’s little workouts are the perfect way to end a workout! I am so happy I got my Apple TV–not only do I now have Cathe Live, but I have all of these awesome free YouTube workouts. And Anna Renderer/Popsugar workouts have turned out to be so effective and fun. I love ending my workouts with Anna!