HIIT it Hard Cardio is another great cardio workout from Jessica Smith. What else is there to say? I love these workouts! It is an intense little cardio workout. Not the most intense workout I’ve ever done but it does the job–and it is fun! I really like how Jessica builds each interval to HIIT level. You do each intensity burst for 30 seconds but before that you do the exercise at a lower intensity that builds until it peaks at the HIIT level–which you then do for 30 seconds. You also get recoveries between each exercise. Now, you do this until the last two intervals (#7 & #8 below). Those two you just go straight into the exercise at it’s highest intensity. Peanut keeps us company on Jessica’s fitness mat throughout the entire workout.
HIIT it Hard Cardio is 31 minutes long; 4:30 minute warm up and 3:30 minute cool down/stretch.
- Lunges that progress until you are doing jump lunges, touching front toe w/ opposite hand; repeat
- Step taps that progress until you are doing lateral skaters; repeat
- Alternating knee raises that progress until you are doing high knee runs; repeat
- Step out and in that progresses until you are doing a squat jack jumping forward and back, touching the toes with your hands when you are in squat; repeat
- 2 steps to each side that progresses until you are doing a jumping jack w/ heel kicks; repeat
- Pulsing lunges that pivot into pulsing squats; this progresses into singles done quick, touching fingers to floor when squatting; repeat
- Turning mountain climbers (feet moving side to side as you run); repeat
- Burpees; repeat
For more info on JessicaSmithTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
3 thoughts on “JessicaSmithTV: HIIT it Hard Cardio”
You should try her 20-minute Belly Fat Blasting Cardio Ab workout. Decent cardio and Peanut is even more adorable. Watch all the way to the end for some Peanut bloopers!
I’ve added it to my To Do list! I will be doing one of her longer workouts next week (HIIT Mash Up) and I previewed it–Peanut is obsessed with the towels she is using as sliding devices. Pretty funny. It will keep that workout entertaining!
That is a good one too, and yes, Peanut loves to mess with her towels!