Barefoot Fusion Sculpt is a low impact workout from Jessica Smith‘s YouTube channel. It isn’t a low impact cardio workout–it is a strength workout but it is a circuit workout in which one move flows into the next so your heart rate is elevated. I didn’t burn a ton of calories but it worked very nicely warming my body up for yoga–plus, my muscles actually felt nicely worked. For less than 30 minutes, Jessica gives you a nicely done total body strength workout. Peanut is present and at one point even got a little vocal with an irritated moan at Jessica when she was asked to stop licking obsessively.
Barefoot Fusion Sculpt is 26:30 minutes long; 6 minute warm up and 45 second stretch. Equipment: set of light dumbbells (Jessica is using 3 pounds). I used heavier than that to get a better workout but this is a high rep workout and, due to the exercises and pace, you cannot lift super heavy. However, I would not have even felt this workout had I used 3 pound dumbbells for everything.
- Plie squat w/ chest press; changes to pulsing plie squat while also pulsing the arms/DBs together in front of you (5# DBs)
- Squat while lower DBs toward floor, do a bicep curl as you stand then press DBs overhead while coming up onto toes (12# DBs)
- Overhead tricep extensions while raising one leg out to side (alternate sides) (8# DB)s
- Pulsing lunge w/ alternating bicep curls (12# DBs)
- Rear delt flys while in lunge (8# DBs)
- Tiny pulsing tricep raise (5# DBs)
- Repeat 4-6 on other side of body
- Lay back on elbows, ankles crossed and knees out to sides, lift and lower legs
- Lower back/head to ground, ankles still crossed and knees still out to side but toes are on ground, raise DBs from beside body, bringing DBs together above body (she calls it “scooping” DBs) (8# DBs)
- Pull overs while raising and lowering legs (legs are in same position as #8 & 9) (12# DBs)
- Tricep dips while in crab w/ hips pressed upward
- Lay on stomach w/ knees bent and open and ankles crossed, arms are beside body but lifted off ground, raise and lower chest off ground while pushing hands back toward knees; changes to just raising and lowering legs
- Repeat #8, 9, 10 & 12 (no #11 this time)