Total Body Sculpt is another awesome total body metabolic strength training workout. With the right weights it is intense and will give you cardio with your strength training. And in only 31 minutes! This is the area that, in my opinion, Jessica really excels at. The workout is made up of primarily compound moves–exercises that work both the upper and lower body at the same time. Due to the length, this one is perfect to stack with another of approximately the same length such as Total Body Chisel & Burn, 2-in-1 Toning or Barefoot Fusion Sculpt for an approximately 60 minute workout. Or, if you want to go a little over an hour, stack it with Met Con 5, Kickboxing Circuit or Straight Up Strength Training. Stack any of these together for an excellent total body metabolic strength workout that is 60-70 minutes long. I plan to! BTW–there are more JessicaSmithTV strength training workouts and I will be trying them all! So those reviews will be posting in the next month or so. And since most of them are in the 30 minute range that is more workouts to stack. Tons of variety!
Total Body Sculpt is 31 minutes; 5:30 minute warm up and 2 minute stretch. The warm up previews some of the exercises in the workout. You need at least two sets of dumbbells; Jessica uses a set of 10 pound and a set of 5 pound dumbbells.
- One arm squat and row (alternate sides w/ both row and squat) (Jessica uses one 10# DB, I used one 25# DB)
- Alternating rear lunge w/ one arm overhead press (so you pass the DB to other hand for each lunge) (one 12# DB)
- Get into straight arm plank and alternate stepping one hand forward and back
- Repeat 1-3
- Pulsing stationary lunge w/ tricep kickbacks (Jessica uses 5# DBs, I used 10# DBs)
- Alternating front knee raises w/ front presses (Jessica uses 5# DBs, I used 6# DBs)
- Y raise while hinged forward, legs in chair pose and pulsing (5# DBs)
- Repeat 5-7
- Alternating single leg deadlift (Jessica uses 10# DBs, I used 20# DBs)
- Side lunge w/ one arm hammer curl at top (Jessica uses 10# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Chest press w/ bicycle legs (Jessica uses 10# DBs, I used 20# DBs)
- Repeat 9-11