2-in-1 Toning is another short but comprehensive total body metabolic strength workout. Jessica really excels at creating these short but very effective workouts. I really enjoyed this workout. The audio gets messed up during #11 below but it is restored by the end. Jessica even has words appear on the screen apologizing for the “audio blip.” The title “2-in-1” means that each exercise is working multiple muscle groups and also that you get some cardio with your strength training (the metabolic factor). Jessica shows modifications for most of the exercises.
2-in-1 Toning is 29 minutes long; 45 second intro, 4:30 minute warm up and 45 second stretch. Equipment: 2 sets of dumbbells, one heavier and one lighter. The dumbbells listed below are what I used. Jessica used a set of 10 pound dumbbells and a set of 5 pound dumbbells.
- Side lunge w/ one arm overhead press, alternate sides (12# DBs)
- Bent knee deadlift w/ rotating back row (15# DBs)
- 8 plank jacks + 4 push ups
- Repeat 1 & 2
- 8 push ups + 4 plank jacks
- Pulsing lunge w/ torso hinged forward and tricep kickbacks (8# DBs)
- Alternate front raise and side raise, when you do side raise, lift one leg behind you (stay on same leg) (6# DBs)
- Wide bicep curls while sweeping one leg to the side then in front of other leg (10# DBs)
- Repeat 6-8 (lower body portion of the exercises are done on other leg)
- Lay on stomach w/ arms and legs in X shape, pull elbows back to sides (raising chest) while also bending knees and bringing heels in to bottom
- Chest press w/ hip raise (chest press alternates wide and narrow press, for hip raise you are on heels) (15# DBs)
- Still on back, raise legs straight to ceiling and criss-cross straight legs then open them wide, do a crunch during criss-cross
- Repeat 10-12