Upper Body Strength is quick but thorough and efficient upper body strength workout. I used in combination with Jessica’s 40 minute Leg Day for an hour long total body strength workout. If you use heavy enough weights, this is pretty intense.
Upper Body Strength Workout is 21 minutes long; 2:30 minute warm up and Jessica talks for the final minute (so actual workout time is 20 minutes).
Equipment: 2 sets of dumbbells (one lighter and one heavier ) (Jessica is using 5 pound and 10 pound dumbbells). Jessica has a high step at 12 inches present but it is not used for anything. You do 10 reps of every exercise.
- Bicep curl to overhead press (Jessica uses 5# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Rear delt flys (Jessica uses 5# DBs, I used 10# DBs)
- Repeat 1 & 2
- Alternating reverse curls w/ forward steps (Jessica uses 5# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Overhead tricep extensions w/ alternating side leg raises (Jessica uses 5# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Repeat 4 & 5
- Core swing (hinge forward and swing straight arms behind you) (Jessica uses 10# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Narrow overhead press (Jessica uses 10# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Repeat 7 & 8
- One arm row + tricep kickback (Jessica uses 10# DBs, I used 12# DBs)
- Alternating bicep curls (Jessica uses 10# DBs, I used 15# DBs)
- Repeat 10 on other arm
- Repeat 11
- On hands and knees w/ a DB in each hand, push one arm/DB straight in front of you then take same arm behind you into a tricep kickback (Jessica uses 5# DBs, I used 6# DBs)
- Negative push up (start in full plank, lower all the way to floor, raise up onto knees then onto toes)
- Repeat 14 & 15
- Spine extension (lay on stomach, legs lifted off ground, hands clasped at small of back and raised, chest raised)
- Tricep stretch