Total Body Time Crunch is a pink Firm. It is led by trainer Rebekah Sturkie. It is not part of the original CardioWeight system but since it uses the CardioWeights it must have been an add on (I don’t remember; the Firm used to be an autobuy for me).
This is another great cardio + strength workout that alternates strength circuits w/ cardio circuits. I really enjoyed the way Rebekah structured the strength circuits. She does the basic exercises first, so you can use appropriate/heavier weights to work the muscle group well then after doing several isolation exercises, she puts the exercises together into a combo. So you have to use a lighter weight, but overall it has a really nice cardio effect. I was breathing hard and working hard. And she does manage to hit every muscle group at least once. And like with any workout, how difficult/intense the workout is depends on the weights you choose. Since it is only 46:30 minutes, I finished this workout off with the excellent and intense 10 minute Pump it Up! from Firm Express.
This DVD also contains an Express workout that is 25 minutes long and focuses on the strength circuits (warm up, circuit 1, circuit 3, circuit 7 and stretch).
Total Body Time Crunch is 46:30 minutes; 45 second intro, 5 minute warm up and 4:30 minute stretch. Equipment: various dumbbells. Rebekah and crew used the CardioWeights. The weights listed below are what I used. There is a beginner modifier.
- Bicep curls (14# DBs)
- Squats; add knee lift, alternate legs (20# DBs)
- Bent over back row (20# DBs)
- Deadlifts; add tapping one leg to side when hinged over, alternate legs; changes to lifting legs out to side (20# DBs)
- Squat; add alternating bicep curls; add alternating side leg lift (12# DBs)
- Hinge forward and do a back row; add a second row when hinged forward; add two alternating front kicks when standing while doing 2 rows (15# DBs)
Circuit 2: Cardio: hop side to side; 3 low jacks to each side w/ a hop when changing sides; step side-front-side; step together step hamstring curl; hamstring curls; hamstring one leg + side leg raise other leg
- Scoop arms/DBs forward (9# DBs)
- Step out into wide plie squat, alternate sides; add a leg sweep across body after each plie squat (9# DBs)
- Overhead tricep extensions (9# DBs)
- Single leg squat (18# DBs)
- Step out into wide plie squat holding one DB in both hands, alternate sides; add front raise; add heel lifts when squatting (one 12# DB)
- Still holding one DB in both hands, squat bringing elbows to knees (one 12# DB)
- Heel digs w/ one DB still held in both hands overhead; add overhead tricep extension (one 12# DB)
- Combine 6 & 7
Circuit 4: Cardio: forward step knee w/ tap rear; add hop to knee left; alternating front kicks; step squat side to side; jump squats; 3 fast tap backs each leg; changes to one tap back each leg; 3 squat jumps; hopping heel digs; calf pumps (little hops)
- Upright rows (11# DBs)
- Side lunge; changes to lowering into side lunge then pushing up to do 3 hamstring curls; changes to one hamstring curl, one side leg lift, one hamstring curl (11# DBs)
- Front raises (8# DBs)
- Reverse lunges; changes to 4 count alternating reverse lunge; 4 count lunges change to rear lunge + knee lift+ rear lunge, alternate legs (11# DBs)
- Alternating side lunges; add side leg lift after each side lunge; add alternating upright row when doing side leg raise (11# DBs)
- Rear lunge + knee lift+ rear lunge, alternate legs; add front raise + open arms wide, close arms and lower (5# DBs)
Circuit 6: Cardio: tristar (tap foot front, side and back then hop, alternate sides); cardio lunge side to side; jump squats; bob and weave w/ upper cuts; knee pulls; knee raise + side kick
- Alternating front lunges holding one DB in both hands; add woodchop to side (one 8# DB)
- Lay on floor w/ knees bent and feet on floor and do chest flys; add hip bridges (raising and lowering hips); raise one leg and continue raising and lowering hips (18# DBs)
- Same position as #2, do a chest press; add hip bridges; raise other leg (18# DBs)
- Same position as #2, do skull crushers; add a narrow chest press + upper body crunch after each skull crusher (10# DBs)
- Still on back, place hands behind head and do reverse crunches; add upper body crunch (full crunch); alternate extending one leg at top of reverse crunch; changes to both legs extending
- Extend legs straight to ceiling and reach hand toward opposite shoe, alternate sides; changes to climb the rope; add lifting hips w/ each rope climb