How to Get Thinner Thighs is another excellent mini workout from Heather Robertson that is perfect to use to either finish off another workout or combine with other workouts. Same difference, I guess. Just depends on its placement in your workout line up. This morning I did another all Heather Robertson lower body workout. I created a folder/playlist specifically for this morning’s workouts and stacked the workouts I planned to do in the order I planned to do them so they played straight through from beginning to end. I started with her 5 Minute Booty Burn for my warm up then did this workout. I finished it out with her excellent HIIT Booty Bootcamp workout, which is one of my favorite workouts now. Together, these 3 workouts worked my lower body very well, frying my glutes in particular but hitting just about every lower body muscle group. These workouts combined were so metabolic I burned 355 calories and was even in my peak heart rate for 13 minutes in the course of all 3 workouts. So cardio and strength! I will definitely be returning to this combination.
This little workout hits everything–glutes, quads, hamstrings, inner and outer thighs. Plus, you get little cardio bursts since in the course of the workout you do squat jumps 9 different times. This workout is not done to timed intervals. You will do 10 reps of every exercise then you get 10 seconds of recovery between each exercises. During that 10 second recovery you get a preview screen, showing you the next exercise so you can prepare and grab your equipment.
How to Get Thinner Thighs is 20 minutes; 1:20 minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells, stability ball and exercise mat.
- Side lunges, 10 reps each leg (one 15# DB)
- Sumo squats + 2 pulses, 10 reps (15# DBs)
- Squat jumps, 10 reps
- Inner leg lift, 10 reps each leg (lay on side, top leg bent and foot on floor in front of bottom thigh, raise and lower bottom leg)
- Outer leg lift, 10 reps each leg (lay on side, raise and lower top leg with DB held against thigh) (one 10# DB)
- Repeat #3
- Toe taps, 10 reps (lower into squat and hold while alternating tapping toes out to side)
- Ball squeeze, 10 reps (lay on back, knees bent and feet on floor, stability ball between knees, squeeze ball with knees); lift feet off floor (keep ball between knees) and continue squeezing ball, 10 reps
- Repeat #3
- Repeat #1-9 two more times