Like a lot of YouTube trainers, AngieFitnessTV‘s workout titles are a long mish-mash that make them appear interchangeable with a handful of her other workouts. But they are all different. This one is one of her easier workouts to identify though it too has a dozen different identifiers. This one is titled Bounce For Health Pure Cardio Workout. This morning was a cardio day for me so I paired this workout with Angie’s 15 Minutes To Fit Rebounder Cardio Workout for a 54 minute steady state cardio workout. This is a pretty basic rebounder cardio workout but Angie gives you easier modifications for some of the exercise. Angie did make this workout fun by using different equipment to increase intensity. For this workout you will need some type of bar. Angie says you can use a dowel rod that you can get at Home Depot or a pilates stick. I own a 3 pound weighted bar that is a little over 2 feet long so it worked perfectly for this workout. You also need light dumbbells. I really enjoyed this workout. It was fun and I got a great steady state cardio workout. This is not an intense or advanced rebounder workout like Barlates or URX-MT workouts. Unless you are a beginner to both rebounding and exercise, this is not going to challenge you but you do not always need to be challenged! Not if you just want an effective and fun cardio workout. Which is what I got this morning. If you do want something little more intense, just use heavier hand weights and a heavier bar. I have bars in all sorts of weights so I could easily bump it up to 4 or even 6 pounds.
Bounce for Health Pure Cardio is 36:30 minutes; 1 minute intro, 6 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down/stretch. Equipment: rebounder, light hand weights (Angie is using 2 pound hand weights) and a light bar/rod. Each exercise is done for 1 minute.
- (grab DBs) Hop on rebounder while doing bicep curls
- Shift hop side to side with alternating front punches; changes to alternating punches overhead
- Jack the feet (no arms); add upright rows
- Skiers; add hammer curls
- Basic hops while swinging bent arms
- (swap DBs for stick) Hold stick in both hands, hands are shoulder width apart, jump forward and back; add pushing stick forward and back in time with hop
- Hop in split stance, holding stick in one hand, push stick forward and back
- Bounce while holding stick in both hands, hands are shoulder width apart and holding the bar in an underhand grip, push bar overhead
- Hold the stick between both hands with the ends of the stick against the palms, jack feet while pressing stick forward and pulling back; alternate pushing stick overhead then in front of you
- Still holding stick the same as in #9, hop with feet together and twist stick side to side
- (get rid of stick) Hop in place while swinging bent arms forward and back
- Hop side to side; add bicep curls to overhead press
- High knee runs
- Alternating front low kicks; add alternating front punches
- Hamstring curls; changes to butt kick runs (Angie ends up sticking with hamstring curls because her glutes are sore but she encourages you to do whatever version works for you)
- Jumping jacks; jack arms change to large arm circles crossing in front of body
- (grab DBs again) Shift hop side to side
- High knee runs; add alternating overhead press
- Stationary wide leg taps side to side with bent arm chest press; changes to shift hop side to side (Angie ends up staying with the taps but encourages you to do whatever version you want)
- Alternating hopping heel digs; straight arm side lateral raises
- Hop with feet close together with alternating straight arm front raises
For more info on AngieFitnessTV and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.