It has been a long time since I’ve done a Yvette Bachman workout. And I don’t know why because I loved her workouts so much that I was binging on them back in 2017. I know they were too much for me while I was going through cancer treatment in 2018 but once that was over, I am not sure why I didn’t return to them. I have a whole folder on YouTube full of her new to me workouts that I want to try but I just haven’t yet. I was able to squeeze this one in due to the 30 minute length. I did it as my doubles workout today. This is a kickboxing workout that Yvette create for us in April–during the lockdown. In fact, this workout is filmed in what I assume is Yvette’s home. She has some really pretty kitties making appearances during the workout.
This is an entirely low impact workout. The primary focus of this workout is upper body conditioning, but there are some kicks (not a lot) and lots of knees. There are so many speed bag arms at the beginning that my arms were starting to ache. Overall, this was a fun and effective workout. Yvette wears weighted gloves during this workout. I did, too. I also wore a 6 pound weighted vest and one pound ankle weights to increase the intensity. According to my FitBit I burned 250 calories and “walked” 3,378 steps. I would have liked more of a cool down. At the end, Yvette says she’s going to give us a 3 minute stretch but she gives us half that.
30 Minute Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing is 31:43 minutes; 2 minute warm up and 1:30 minute stretch. Equipment: optional 1 pound weighted gloves.
- Alternating cross punches
- Alternating hooks
- Alternating upper cuts
- Speed bag arms to a slow 3 count (the count is slow not the speed bag arms) + one cross punch, alternate sides when cross punching; just speed bag arms
- Squats; add a knee lift (squat + knee lift, alternate knees)
- Low impact jacks
- Step forward + knee raise then tap back, arms are moving in opposition at shoulder level
- Speed bag arms
- Repeat #7 on other leg
- Repeat #8
- Shuffle 2x to side + crescent knee
- 3 knee pulls on a diagonal, alternate legs/sides
- Knee raise + step back + step forward + raise other knee
- Speed bag arms to count of 4 alternated with 4 upper cuts
- Upper cuts while in sumo squat; changes to alternating overhead punches (still in sumo)
- 4 knee strikes pulling arms down to knee from overhead, alternate legs; changes to double knee strikes; changes to singles
- Continue the alternating knee raises but arms change, swing them side to side in opposition
- Hamstring curls, 2 singles + one triple
- Stand in wide sumo stance and do a torso twist with arms in guard; changes to one twist + one knee pull; twist changes to side cross punch; changes to slower, more focused knee pulls with hands in guard, twisting torso
- Wide double side steps side to side in partial squat with speed bag arms
- Jab-cross-upper cut
- Alternating side kicks with 3 marches between each kick
- Step touch side to side with jump rope arms
- Combo: jab-cross-zig zag guard arms-2 hooks
- Hook punches on one arm; changes to hook + upper cut w/ other arm
- Knee strikes
- Repeat #19 on other side of body
- Repeat #24
- Repeat #25 & 26 with other lead
- In wide sumo, 4 alternating front punches + 4 alternating upper cuts; changes to all upper cuts
- Step touch side to side with jack arms; changes to double step touches
- Jab-cross step tap; step tap changes to knee pull; knee pulls only
- Step narrow then out wide
- Repeat #13
- Repeat #33 on other side of body
- Repeat #34 starting with other lead leg
- 4 alternating hooks + 2 wide squats with a small hop; changes to wide pulse squats; hold squat isometrically
- Alternating tap outs to side with a tricep kickback when tapping out
- With legs wide, do alternating taps while circling arms
For more info on Yvette Bachman and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “30 Minute Low Impact Cardio Kickboxing”
Thank you so much for your reviews. It seems you like the same kind of workouts that I do. I recently discovered FitnessJunky on YouTube. I don’t think you have reviewed any of her workouts but I think you would really enjoy her workouts. She does some step workouts and some total body workouts with a lot of toning. I am not affiliated in anyway with her workouts, based on your reviews, I just think it would be worth your while to check it out. Thanks for all the time you put into your website. I have Found it very helpful during this unprecedented quarantine and trying to adjust my gym routine to a home routine. Stay healthy and strong!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome! Thanks for the heads up! I just checked her out of YouTube and she does look interesting! I might have to check her out at some point.