Rebounder Cardio Interval Workout is actually a circuit workout. Specifically, it is composed of 7 circuits, each circuit has 6 timed intervals/exercises and 4 of those circuits use the rebounder. This is a pretty cool workout. No boredom in this workout because you are changing things up every 6 or 7 minutes. The first 4 circuits are low impact cardio. You alternate a circuit on the rebounder with a circuit on the floor. Depending on your workout space, you will have to pause the workout to drag your rebounder out of the way. I have a large workout space but my TV is in the corner of the room, so I tend to workout on that side of the room. I had to pause the workout to drag my rebounder to the side several times. I also wore an 8 pound weighted vest for all of the floor work so I used that time to put my vest on as well. After the 4 cardio circuits you do a metabolic strength circuit. I personally would not count any of the “strength” work in this workout as real strength work. Since yesterday and tomorrow are strength days for me, I did not try to lift heavier on any of the exercises. Today is my cardio day so that is how I used this workout. Angie used 5 pound dumbbells and so did I. I also wore my weighted vest for the metabolic weight training circuit (circuit 5). Circuit 6 also uses the 5 pound dumbbells but it is a balance circuit. You can do Circuit 6 on the floor or the rebounder. Angie did it on the rebounder and so did I. The final circuit is core work. Again, you can do it on the floor or the rebounder but Angie did hers on the rebounder and so did I. The warm up and the stretch are done on the floor–no rebounder. So I was dragging my rebounder a lot during this workout!
Overall this is a fun, low impact workout. Due to only 4 of the intervals being true cardio, and not intense cardio at that, I only burned 381 calories in 59 minutes. But that still isn’t too bad! I “walked” 4076 steps. I was in my cardio heart rate zone for 36 minutes of the workout and my fat burning zone the remainder of the workout.
Rebounder Cardio Interval Workout is 59:02 minutes; 1:30 minute intro, 4 minute warm up and 5:30 minute stretch. Equipment: rebounder and light to medium dumbbells. Angie used 5 pound dumbbells and so did I. I also wore an 8 pound weighted vest for all of the work done on the floor (except the warm up and stretch). The warm up and the stretch are done on the floor.
Circuit 1: (rebounder) Each exercise is done for one minute.
- Bounce on rebounder
- Keep bouncing but bounce higher; add hammer curl arms
- Jack feet while pressing arms forward
- With legs wide, do quarter turn hops, hop 4 times in each direction
- Repeat #4 in other direction
- High knee run
Circuit 2: (low impact cardio on floor) Each exercise is done for one minute.
- Stationary alternating taps with swing arm from side to front of body, alternate arms
- Right knee pulls
- Box step
- Repeat #1 but this time alternate reaching arms overhead/toward other side
- Repeat #2 on the left side
- Box step on other lead
Circuit 3: (rebounder) Each exercise is done for one minute.
- With legs wide, do quarter turn hops, hop 3 times in each direction
- Repeat #1 but quarter turn hop in other direction
- Jack feet 4x + 4 180 jump turns; jacks change to 4 bounces
- Jack feet while turning side to side on a diagonal (she calls it making an X); raise and lower arms out to side while jacking feet
- Jumping jack at front of rebounder then jump back with feet close together
- 180 degree jump turns with 2 hops in each direction
Circuit 4: (low impact cardio on the floor) Each exercise is done for one minute.
- Alternate tapping feet behind you while pushing arms overhead
- Double side steps or grapevines
- Alternating knee raises with figure 8/rowing arms
- Repeat #1-3 on other lead
Circuit 5: (sculpt and tone; get dumbbells, Angie is using 5# DBs)
- Alternating stationary side lunges, setting DBs down by foot when lunging then picking them up when lunging to that side again
- With legs wide, do figure 8 passes with a DB–pass under one thigh then arc over/across body to pass it under other thigh
- Alternating front punches
- Wide plie squat, pivot into a lunge, pivot back to wide plie squat, pivot into lunge facing the other direction
- Hold wide plie squat isometrically and do upright rows
- Repeat #5 & 6
- Overhead press
- Bent arm side raises
- Hinge forward at waist, with arms straight, swing them in opposing directions along side body 2x (as high as ear when swinging forward and above hip when swinging back) + 2 narrow back rows
Circuit 6: (balance with the rebounder; keep your 5# DBs) Do each exercise for one minute.
- Stand on one leg on rebounder and do single arm hammer curl into overhead press with other arm
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Lift one leg straight in front of you then lift that leg behind you, hinging forward at the waist when lifting the leg behind you (single leg deadlift), if you’re able, do this all while balancing on other leg
- Repeat #3 on other leg
- Extend one arm/DB to ceiling, raise and lower straight leg to side, when raising leg bring elbow of raised arm down to hip
- Repeat #5 on other side of body
Circuit 7: (Core work on rebounder; keep your 5# DBs)
- Lay on back on rebounder, legs bent and feet on frame of rebounder, extend arms/DBs to ceiling, do full sit ups, reaching DBs toward feet at top of sit up
- Same starting position as #1, but this time raise up into bent knee boat pose and hold briefly before lowering back to start
- Hold boat pose (Angie drops DBs for this)
- Lay on back, hands under glutes, raise both legs straight to ceiling, alternate raising and lowering straight legs; grab DBs and reach them toward feet as you continue the leg movement, head/shoulders are now riased as well
- Sit cross leg on rebounder, keeping arms straight, do a front raise into overhead raise, alternate arms; extend legs straight in front of you to make it more difficult (keep spine straight)
- Get on all 4s on rebounder, extend one arm straight in front of you and extend opposite leg straight behind you (bird dog), bring knee and elbow together under body then extend arm/leg straight again; hold bird dog isometrically
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Forearm plank with arms on rebounder and feet on floor; changes to straight arm plank, pushing hands into canvas and do a little bounce