Even though “beginner” is in the title, this workout was created by Naomi Joy, so it gets a try from me. At the beginning Naomi says that what makes this a beginner level workout is that the moves are more “grounded” and require less coordination than some of her other rebounder workouts. What I noticed right off is that Naomi gives you a longer warm up than some of her other cardio workouts that I’ve done, which I liked. Naomi also spent more time giving instruction on how to bounce with intensity. However, once I did the workout, I only noted a few moves that were easier than what Naomi usually presents. In fact, the only thing that felt easier to me is #11 & 12 below. Naomi says those two moves will prepare you for kicking in her more advanced workouts.
With that said–awesome workout, as always! I was working hard and loved it. Excellent music, lots of fun and intense cardio. The actual “work” time (not counting warm up and stretch) in this workout is 17 minutes. I burned 180 calories and was in my peak heart rate zone 10 minutes. Love Naomi’s workouts!
This is an interval workout: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of active recovery. There is a count down clock on the right side of the screen, counting down your intervals and recoveries. Naomi previews the next exercise during your recovery.
Trampoline Beginner HIIT Cardio Workout is 23:55 minutes; 45 minute intro, 2:30 minute warm up and 3:45 minute stretch.
- Jumping jacks
- Scissor runs
- Twist hop, moving the arms high and low in opposition to jump
- Fast feet narrow to wide, raise and lower arms to side
- Double scissor runs
- Double twist hop, move arms in the opposite direction as hips
- Alternating heel tap hops, pushing arms overhead
- Double jacks, arms are in goal post/cactus, bring arms together in front of you when feet are together
- Double hop knee raise
- Hop while tapping one leg out to side, extend arms out to sides in a T then bring hands together in front of chest (arms remain at shoulder level throughout)
- Tap hop one leg forward and back while punching arms overhead
- Repeat #10 & 11 on other side of body
- Lateral ski hops, arms pull down like ski poles
- Squat jump with one pulse while in squat
- High knee sprints for 60 seconds
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: Trampoline Beginner HIIT Cardio Workout”
I found Naomi’s workouts through you, and I adore her and love her workouts. I like her longer ones and I feel good after. Thanks for the “recommendation” !
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m so glad Naomi is finding more viewers! I have only done one of her longer workouts, but I plan to do all of her other longer rebounder workouts week after next. I am very excited. She puts together some of the very best rebounder workouts I have come across.