Claire Francis of San Fran Fitness has created a series of 21 workouts. Each workout contains 21 moves. Some of the workouts are done on the rebounder and some of them are not. I am only doing the workouts that are done on the rebounder. I am not doing them in the order they were created. Since they are all around 25 minutes, I decided to combine some of them to create longer workouts and use them as morning workouts. This morning I did Day 11, Whole Body and I loved it! It is definitely my favorite of the series. I have enjoyed all of the Series 21 workouts I’ve done so far, but this one was definitely the most fun. I got a great cardio workout, too. It has a a move called “side swing” (#1 below) that is so much fun. I used to think the “monkey” move (high keen run with legs are wide, knees turned out to sides, arms are open to sides, bring same side elbow to knee when it is raises while other arm pushes overhead) was my favorite rebounder move but I like this one just as much. I did not pair this workout with another Series 21 workout this morning. Instead I paired it with Claire’s 24 Minute Advanced Bounce Fit Workout. Another fun and intense workout. I got a great cardio workout between the two this morning. Between the two I burned 482 calories and spent 18 minutes in my peak heart rate zone. The majority of the red in my heart rate graph was during this workout (red=peak heart rate).
All of the Series 21 workouts are made up of one circuit of 7 moves that is done 3 times, so 21 moves. Each exercise is done for one minute. There is a timer in the lower left hand side of the screen counting down each minute. You get a 10 second recovery between exercises.
Day 11 Whole Body is 25:45 minutes; no warm up or stretch. I used Ripped with Ripkins‘ Best Rebounder Warm Up & Stretch before the workout and at the end I used Naomi Joy‘s Standing Cool Down Stretch. Most of that stretch can be done on your rebounder if you have a balance bar/T bar.
- Side swing (pendulum legs while swinging arms side to side in time with legs)
- Basic bounce with legs/feet together while pushing arms overhead and pulling them down to hips
- Wide leg basic bounce with speed bag arms
- Double knee raise hops (like a high knee run but you hop 2x before changing legs)
- 2 jumping jacks + one slow squat jack
- Alternating knee raise hop with goal post chest fly arms
- Feet on floor, hands on edge of rebounder, hold this position with glutes off of rebounder, do alternating knee raises in this position
- Repeat 1-7 two more times