Yoga HIIT Fusion Workout // No Equipment, No Jumping is another great yoga fusion workout from Heather Robertson. This workout combines dynamic flexibility, mobility and body weight strength. It’s not really a HIIT workout (High Intensity Interval Training) as I did not find any of the exercises “high intensity” but the exercises are done interval style: each exercise is done for 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. I still got an excellent and feel good workout. And I broke a sweat, too, so I am not implying that some of the exercises aren’t challenging–they are, but there is nothing in this workout that made my heart rate spike the way a true HIIT workout does. This is perfect for your recovery day which is how I used it today. Another little nitpick–the title says “no jumping.” The last exercise in the circuit is a burpee and not the low impact variety. You can always modify it yourself by stepping in and out of plank, but Heather is jumping. Nitpicks aside, it is an excellent yoga fusion workout.
Yoga HIIT Fusion Workout // No Equipment, No Jumping is 37:21 minutes; 2:20 minute warm up and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. Each exercise is done for 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down the intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Warrior flow (flow between Warrior 2 pose and a side lunge, touching opposite hand to foot when lunging)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Dolphin push up (flow between dolphin pose and forearm plank)
- Chair squat (flow in and out of chair squat)
- Climber & kick (in straight arm plank, bring knee to same side elbow on outside of body + lift straight leg behind you, do both moves on same leg before repeating on other leg)
- Low lunge (stationary/static lunge, arms frame front leg, at bottom of lunge reach hands to floor on either side of front foot)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Eagle crunch (do a full crunch with arms and legs in eagle pose–but you are on your back rather than balancing on one leg)
- Side plank & lift (in side elbow plank, with top arm raised to ceiling, lower hips, when you raise hips, hold and raise top straight leg to ceiling)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Airplane (balance on one leg, hinge forward raising other leg behind you until torso and straight leg make a straight line, arms are beside body, straight and lifted higher than back, then return to upright, raised leg never touches the ground as you raise knee in front of you, bringing hands to prayer)
- Repeat #11 on other side of body
- Plank rotation (start in straight arm plank, rotate into side plank reaching top arm to ceiling then reach top arm underneath body, return to straight arm plank and alternate sides)
- Side lunge & reach (alternating stationary side lunges, at bottom of lunge reach both hands to ground on either side of leg/foot, when changing sides reach both arms overhead)
- Yoga burpee (start standing, hinge forward and place hands on floor, jump feet back to plank, push back into down dog, return to plank, do one push up, jump feet back to hands and stand, reaching arms overhead)
- Repeat #1-15
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
3 thoughts on “Yoga HIIT Fusion Workout // No Equipment, No Jumping”