15 Min Compound Leg Workout is another excellent lower body finisher workout from Caroline Girvan. And that is how I used it today–which wasn’t my brightest idea. I know that Caroline’s full length workouts (and that includes her shorter EPIC Heat workouts) kick my a$$ so that I am already finished. Usually I do the finisher first, then do Caroline’s regular workout. For some reason I did not do that today. I did her High Calibre Hamstrings, Back & Glutes followed by this workout. I was already wasted by the 40 minute workout I had just finished so I think this felt much harder than it actually was. But that is okay. The point is to finish you off, right? Well, this did the job. My lower body was done!
This workout is done interval style: each exercise is done for 40 seconds followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the upper left hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. Caroline previews the next exercise during the recovery. There is also a little bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage.
15 Min Compound Leg Workout is 18:53 minutes; 45 second intro, no warm up and 1 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and a fitness mat. Caroline is using 12.5 kg/27.5 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- High squats (front squats, holding DBs in front of shoulders) (25# DBs)
- Repeat #1
- Static/stationary lunges (20# DBs)
- Repeat #3 on other side of body
- Sumo squats (one 50# DB)
- Repeat #5
- Romanian deadlifts (RDLs)(35# DBs)
- Repeat #7
- Lateral lunges (stationary side lunges, holding one DB in both hands at chest level) (one 30# DB)
- Repeat #9 on other side of body
- Squat to RDL (alternate deadlift with a front squat) (25# DB)
- Repeat #11
- Rear lunge to curtsy (start in lunge and move foot to side so you are in curtsy cross-back position, alternate between these two positions, never actually bringing foot in or rising out of the bottom of a lunge) (16.5# DBs)
- Repeat #13 on other side of body
- Sumo to lateral (alternating stationary side lunges with one sumo squat when changing sides, you are holding one DB in both hands at chest) (one 30# DB)
- Repeat #15
Finisher: (60 seconds, no breaks)
- Sumo squats w/ 2 DBs (20 seconds) (25# DBs)
- Sumo squats with 1 DB (20 seconds) (one 25# DB)
- Body weight sumo squats (20 seconds)