Chilled Cardio Workout | No Equipment, No Repeat, No Jumping is short little cardio session from Caroline Girvan. Unlike most of her other workouts, this contains no intro. You just dive straight into the workout. That doesn’t mean you don’t need a warm up–you do. I used a short low impact warm up from BurpeeGirl. Just like all of Caroline’s cardio workouts this also has a lot of body weight strength in it, too. This is a great little add on/finisher workout to give you an extra boost of cardio or you can use it like I did this morning–to warm myself up before doing Caroline’s 25 Minute Full Body Strength & Stretch Routine. Or even better, pair it with her Unwind 20 Minute Full Body Stretch Routine which is how I think I will pair it in the future. This is a low impact workout, but not low intensity. However, I didn’t find it as intense as many of her other cardio/body weight strength workouts I’ve done, which makes it nice to pair with flexibility routines as a sort of warm up. I burned 160 calories in 25 minutes (that includes the warm up). Not bad but not a huge calorie burn either.
Each exercise in this workout is done for 45 seconds, no rests. There is a timer in the upper left hand corner of the screen, counting down each 45 second interval. When there is about 10 seconds left of the interval a video appears in the upper right hand corner previewing the next exercise. There is also a little bar at the bottom of the screen that counts down the entire workout time as a percentage. This workout is done to music with plenty of visual cues as well as “dings” to keep you on track. Unlike most of Caroline’s other workouts, this workout has no intro.
Chilled Cardio Workout | No Equipment, No Repeat, No Jumping is 20:33 minutes; no warm up and 1:45 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Curtsy drop (alternating curtsy/cross-back lunges)
- Hover to plank (in straight arm plank, walk feet in under body so knees are bent and hovering a few inches off ground, then step feet back out to plank)
- Silent burpee to toes (start standing, place hands on ground, walk feet out to plank, walk feet back in to hands, stand and raise onto toes)
- Alternating side plank to push up (do one push up then rotate into side plank, reaching top arm to ceiling, alternate sides with a push up between each side)
- Rear step lunges (singe leg reverse lunges)
- Repeat #5 on other leg
- Single leg down dog to hover (flow from 3 legged dog to 3 leg hover–knee is bent under body with knee a few inches off floor)
- Repeat #7 on other side of body
- Alternating rainbow kick (alternating crescent kicks)
- Static/stationary lunges
- Repeat #10 on other side of body
- Reverse crab reach (in 3 legged crab, raise and lower hips, when hips are raised reach one arm across body and overhead, arching spine)
- Repeat #12 on other side of body
- Sprawl (start standing, place hands on floor, step feet out to plank, lower body to floor, raise back to plank, step feet back into hands then stand)
- Alternating reverse lunges
- Close squat to alternating knee circle (one narrow squat + one crescent knee, alternate sides with a narrow squat between each side)
- Skipping (pretend to skip rope with jump rope arms)
- Step out jacks (low impact jumping jacks)
- Step out predators (step out into sumo squat, opening arms out to sides in a T, alternate sides)
- Hover alternating foot reach (lay on back, scissor straight legs, reaching opposite hand to foot when it is raised to ceiling)
- Straight leg sit up (full sit up, arms are in genie)
- Side plank lift to arm sweep (in straight arm side plank, lower hips, top hand touching floor then raise hips, sweeping top arm up overhead)
- Repeat #22 on other side of body
- Rotational jab (alternating cross punches)
For more info on Caroline Girvan’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “CHILLED CARDIO WORKOUT | No Equipment, No Repeat, No Jumping”