10 Min Booty Workout at Home | Glute Activation | No Equipment is a great little mat based lower body finisher workout from Caroline Girvan. This one was definitely easier than the one I did earlier this week (20 Minute Glute Workout with Ankle Weights). For one, this is half the length! And second, no ankle weights. Third, the intervals are shorter. But it still burned my glutes out thoroughly! So it is a perfect finisher to add to the end of any lower body workout. This morning I did Caroline’s Beastmode Leg Day which focuses a lot on the quads, so this did a nice job rounding out my workout by hitting my glutes. This workout is also part of Caroline’s plank challenge. The first 10 minutes is the booty work but the last 4 minutes you hold elbow plank. I did the plank challenge this morning but I probably will not bother with it in the future. I would prefer to use it as just a glute finisher with the stretch (12:20 minutes total) and I honestly don’t care if I can hold plank for 4 minutes. Not a goal of mine.
This workout is done interval style; each exercise is done for 30 seconds with no rests/recoveries between exercises. There is a timer in the upper left hand side of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. When there is 13 seconds left of the exercise a video appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen showing Caroline previewing the next exercise. During the plank challenge a large timer appears on the screen above Caroline that counts from zero to 4 minutes.
10 Min Booty Workout at Home | Glute Activation | No Equipment is 17:32 minutes; no warm up, 4 minute plank challenge and 2:20 minute stretch. As noted above, skip the plank challange and it is a 12:20 minute lower body finisher. Equipment: fitness mat.
- Straight leg raise (on knees and elbows, extend one leg straight behind you, lift and lower straight leg)
- Pulses (same position as #1, keep leg lifted at top of raise and pulse leg upward)
- Repeat #1 & 2 on other leg
- Donkey kick (still on knees and elbows, raise one leg bent at 90 degrees and push sole of foot up to ceiling)
- Donkey kick pulses (same position as #4 but keep bent leg raised and pulse foot up to ceiling)
- Repeat #4 & 5 on other leg
- Fire hydrant (still on knees and elbows, raise and lower bent leg out to side)
- Fire hydrant pulses (same position as #7, keep leg raised at top of hydrant lift and pulse bent leg upward)
- Repeat #7 & 8 on other leg
- Straight leg side raise (still on knees and elbows, extend one leg out to side, raise and lower straight leg)
- Repeat #10 on other leg
- Pulses (same position as #10 but keep straight leg raised and pulse it upward)
- Repeat #12 on other leg
- Circles (same position as #10, but draw a circle with straight leg)
- Repeat #14 on other leg
- Glute squeeze (lay on stomach with legs extended straight and open a little wider than hip width, raise and lower legs)
- Glute squeeze one & close (same position as #16 but keep legs raised, open and close legs)
- 30 second rest
- Hold elbow plank for 4 minutes