20 Minute Full Body Kettlebell Workout is another excellent metabolic strength workout from Heather Robertson. This morning was upper body day. I did Cathe‘s Pyramid Pump Upper Body and finished it off with this workout. This gave my upper body some additional work, gave me a little bit of cardio and a little bit of lower body work, too. So it was a great way to finish off my workout. Heather has some other excellent kettlebell workouts that, in the future, I can combine with this one to get a total body metabolic strength workout using kettlebells. As I do with many of Heather’s workouts, I would just stack several of them back to back until they add up to an hour long workout.
This workout is set up interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of rest. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of your screen, counting down your intervals. During the 20 second recovery, the next exercise is previewed in the center of the screen with a large counter over it.
20 Minute Full Body Kettlebell Workout is 23 minutes; no warm up, 2:30 minute stretch. Heather is using a 15 pound kettlebell. I used several kettlebells ranging from 10-20 pounds. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Swing + Switch (alternating single arm KB swings) (20# KB)
- Press Combo (holding KB by handles, do an overhead press and at top of press do one overhead tricep extension) (20# KB)
- Plank Pass (in straight arm plank with kettlebell on floor just outside of one arm, reach other arm under body, grab kettlebell handle and bring it over to other side of body, alternate arms) (20# KB)
- Lunge + Press (stationary lunge + single arm overhead press) (12# KB)
- Repeat #4 on other side of body
- Toe Taps (place KB on floor and, with hands behind head, alternate hop tapping toes to KB)
- Deadlift + Squat Combo (straight leg deadlift + goblet squat) (20# KB)
- V Sit Twist (sit on bottom with torso leaned back, knees bent and feet raised a few inches off floor, holding KB by handles, twist KB side to side then extend legs straight while also lowering torso a few inches off floor, return to start) (20# KB)
- American Swing (double arm KB swing, raising KB overhead) (20# KB)
- In + Out Hops (squat jacks–jacking from narrow squat to wide squat, holding KB by handles w/ bell facing ceiling) (15# KB)
- Repeat #1-10