Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes is a short but effective glute workout from Heather Robertson using a mini band (resistance loop/fire walker/booty band). Today is Christmas! My Christmas workout this morning was Cathe‘s Pyramid Pump Lower, which fried my lower body on its own but I decided to finish my glutes off with Heather’s Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes. It did the job–it completely finished off my already brutalized lower body. So yay! Merry Christmas to me! It was a seriously great workout all around for my lower body. During the intro Heather says you can do this as a warm up before your lower body workout and you can, but I think it works much better as a finisher because she ends this little workout with a thorough lower body stretch. Since my legs were already worked hard, I was struggling to maintain proper form by the end of each circuit. At the end of the workout (before the stretch), it takes Heather 15 seconds to remove the band and toss it aside. It didn’t want to leave her!
This workout is made up of 3 circuits. As the title indicates, no exercise is repeated. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds with no rest periods between exercises. There is a 10 second rest between each circuit. There is a counter in the lower right hand corner of the screen, counting down your intervals. The last 5 seconds of each interval, a rectangle appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen, previewing the upcoming exercise.
Mini Band Workout for Strong Glutes is 13 minutes; no warm up and 3 minute stretch. Equipment: mini band (resistance loop, firewalker, booty band). The workout starts with the mini band around the thighs, just above the knees and remains there for the entire workout.
Circuit 1: Each exercise is done for 30 seconds. No rest periods.
- Wide Side Steps (step squat 2x to each side)
- Small Side Steps (remain in squat and step side to side)
- Squat Toe Taps (remain in squat and alternate tapping toes out to side)
- Standing Clam (remain in squat with feet slightly wider than hip width, push knees out wider)
- Jump Squat
Circuit 2: Lay on your back on a fitness mat. Band is still around thighs, just above knees. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds. No rest periods.
- Glute Bridge
- 1-Leg Bridge (raise one leg to ceiling)
- 1-Leg Drop (keep hips raised isometrically while raising and lowering straight leg)
- Repeat 2 & 3 on other leg
- Bridge Knee Pulse (keep hips raised isometrically in bridge and pulse knees out against band)
Circuit 3: Lay on your side. Band is still around thigh, just above knees. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds. No rest periods.
- Side Clams (lay on side, knees are bent, raise both feet of ground with insoles pressed together, open and close knees, keeping bottom knee on the ground and insoles of feet pressed together)
- Clam Kick (in modified elbow side plank, raise and lower hips, when hips are lowered, both legs are bent and together, when raising hips, raise and kick top leg out straight)
- Side + Front Lift (laying on side again, bottom leg bent on floor, raise and lower top leg to side then swing leg forward in front of you and raise and lower it in front of you)
- Repeat #1-3 on other side of body