8 Minute Glute Workout at Home | Booty Band is a short add on/finisher workout from Caroline Girvan, which is how I used it this morning. Today was my cardio day so after bouncing with Naomi Joy for 45 minutes, I did this little booty band workout before returning to Naomi’s workout for the stretch. This is actually a great little lower body finisher. You could use to finish off anything but it is perfect to add on to the end of any lower body or total body workout to give your legs a little something extra. I used my strongest band and I felt the burn during some of the exercises though I never actually burned out. And my legs were already fatigued when I came to this workout. Intense jumping on a rebounder is a lower body workout and if you are doing a Naomi Joy workout then you are guaranteed to get a lot of kicks and squat jumps. So by itself this probably won’t feel like an intense workout but if your legs have just been worked then it is a great way to finish them off.
Each exercise in this workout is done for 30 seconds, no breaks or rests until you have completed the circuit. Then you get 30 seconds of rest before you repeat the circuit. There is one final exercise at the very end that acts as a sort of finisher for this finisher workout. There is a timer in the upper left hand corner of the screen counting down the intervals.
8 Minute Glute Workout at Home | Booty Band is 11:28 minutes; 2:17 minute intro, no warm up or stretch. Equipment: Booty band/resistance loop. Have your loop around your thighs, just above your knees, ready to go because as soon as the intro ends, Caroline is onscreen, already doing the first exercise.
- Squat with legs wide so there is tension on the loop
- Side step (all of your weight is on one leg, tap one leg out and in to side)
- Repeat #2 on other leg
- Rear step (all of your weight on one leg, tap one leg out behind you then back in)
- Repeat #4 on other leg
- Side lift (balance on one leg, raise other leg out to side and pulse it up against loop)
- Repeat #6 on other leg
- Squat walk (remain in squat entire interval and walk laterally side to side)
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-8
- Pulse squats (hold at bottom of squat and pulse hips up and down)