At Home Arm Toning Workout // With Weights is an excellent upper body finisher workout from Heather Robertson. Perfect to add on the end of another workout to finish off your upper body, which is what I did this morning. I did Caroline Girvan‘s Beast Mode Back & Biceps and used this as my finisher. This did a great job of rounding my workout out this morning, not just in length but, since this finisher hits the triceps and shoulders, it gave me a more thorough upper body strength workout. The exercises are all done interval style: 30 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
At Home Arm Toning Workout // With Weights is 12:42 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: dumbbells. Heather does not reveal the weight she is using but it looks like 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
- Single arm shoulder press (one 16.5# DB)
- Repeat #1 on other arm
- Alternating single arm front raise (8# DBs)
- Tricep press (single arm overhead tricep extension) (one 12# DB)
- Repeat #4 on other arm
- Alternating single arm bicep curls (15# DBs)
- Alternating single arm rear delt flys (10# DBs)
- Alternating single arm upright rows (12# DBs)
- Shadow box (alternating weighted front punches) (5# DBs)
- Repeat #1-9