I was very excited when Heather Robertson posted this workout. Not only is it another one of her cardio kickboxing workouts (which I love), but it is 44 minutes long. She never does cardio only workouts that long. Fat Burning Cardio Kickboxing is a fun cardio workout. I really enjoyed it and I love the length. But is it kickboxing? There was only one exercise that included kicks in the entire workout. I would classify it more as a cardio boxing workout. It was a lot of fun though and the lack of kicks (though I do love kicks) will not stop me from returning to this workout. You also work your core in this workout. There are two dedicated ab exercises, plus several of the cardio exercises double as standing/cardio ab work. I burned 327 calories. Because I workout for an hour every morning, I used one of Heather’s cardio finishers: 10 Minute Power Cardio to round out my hour of cardio this morning.
The exercises are all done interval style: 45 seconds of work followed by 15 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
Fat Burning Cardio Kickboxing is 44:14 minutes; 2:30 minute warm up and 4 minute stretch. Equipment: light dumbbells. Heather provided a link below the YouTube video for the hand weights she is using. They are 2 pound hand weights. I used my 2 pound hand weights.
- Jab and drive (stand in split stance, one front punch + one knee pull–back knee raises and punch with opposite hand)
- Repeat #1 on other side of body
- Duck & weave (holding arms in guard, shift torso side to side, lower into a squat as you change sides)
- High knee twister (high knee run, bring DBs to thigh as it raises so torso twists side to side as you run)
- Shadow box (fast alternating front punches)
- Lunge & knee drive (reverse lunge reaching arms/DBs overhead and when you stand, do one knee raise lowering DBs to thigh as it raises)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Cross punch & jack (one cross punch + one jumping jumping jack pushing DBs straight overhead, alternate arms when punching)
- Squat & kick (squat bringing DBs in into guard + one front kick pushing both DBs behind you, alternate legs when kicking)
- Speed bag (jog in place while doing high speed back arms)
- Weighted one arm jacks (jumping jack legs with alternating single arm overhead press arms, overhead press is in time with legs)
- Shuffle & jab (shuffle hop forward and back with a single arm punch each time you shuffle hop forward)
- Repeat #12 on other arm
- Ghost rope (simulating skipping rope, turning the DBs like a jump rope)
- Double jab & drive (alternating knee raises, one time each leg, holding DBs/hands together and bringing them down to thigh when knee raises + alternating front punches, once each hand)
- Boxer crunch (lay on back, knees bent and feet on floor, hands in guard, do a full sit up and at top of sit up do one front punch with each arm)
- Russian twist (sit on bottom, knees bent and feet elevated off floor, torso is leaned back, hold DBs together and twist DBs and torso side to side, tapping DBs to floor beside hip)
- Boxer jacks (jack the legs with alternating front punches in time with legs)
- 30 second rest
- Repeat #1-18