Express HIIT Workout // 10 Minutes No Equipment is a short finisher workout from Heather Robertson. It felt pretty intense, too. Though I would classify this as a cardio workout, Heather combines cardio exercises with body weight strength exercises. You even get a short warm up and stretch. I did not use this as a finisher workout today but that is how it will be used in the future. This afternoon I combined it with another one of Heather’s short finisher workouts: Bodyweight Tabata Workout. Between the two of them I got an intense 28 minute workout. I only burned 91 calories in the course of this workout but I think if I had used it as a finisher I would have burned more because my heart rate would have already been elevated. Today I came to this workout cold.
Express HIIT Workout // 10 Minutes No Equipment is 14:06 minutes; 1:30 minute warm up and 1:20 minute stretch. Equipment: fitness mat. The exercises are all done interval style: 40 seconds of work followed by 20 seconds of recovery. There is a timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen counting down your intervals and recoveries. During the recoveries Heather previews the next exercise.
- Side to side hops (lateral jumps the length of your mat)
- Walking plank jacks (start in straight arm plank, do one plank jack, lower to forearm plank, raise back to straight arm plank and do a plank jack)
- High knees & butt kicks (butt kick runs forward the length of your mat then high knee run backwards back to start)
- Cross over & hop (stand with legs wide, hinge forward reaching one hand to opposite foot, straighten and jump (keeping legs wide) while reaching both arms overhead, alternate sides)
- Plank tap & reach (in straight arm plank, reach one arm straight in front of you to shoulder level, repeat on other arm then tap one hand to opposite shoulder, repeat on other hand)
- Lunge & twist (with both hands behind head, do a reverse lunge and at top of lunge, do a knee raise bringing opposite elbow to tap knee)
- Repeat #6 on other side of body
- Spot sprint (sprint in place)
- Squat toe taps (hold partial squat isometrically, alternate hop-tapping one foot out to side)
- Bear tuck (start standing, place hands on ground and jump feet back to bear pose (on hands and toes, with knees bent and hovering a few inches off the floor), jump feet back to hands, stand and do one tuck jump)