10 Min Cardio Kickboxing Workout is Day 14 in Heather Robertson‘s Daily 10 series, which is a series of 10 minute workouts that Heather uploaded every day in the month of November. This is a fun little cardio kickboxing finisher to add onto the end of any workout to give yourself a blast of cardio to spike your heart rate at the end of a workout. You could also combine it with Heather’s other Daily 10 kickboxing workout (Day 23 Kickboxing Tabata) for 20 minutes of kickboxing cardio (just make sure you do a warm up before and cool down/stretch after). I used this as a finisher after doing an intense lower body workout and this workout definitely finished off my lower body, even though it isn’t lower body focused. But if you worked you lower body hard beforehand, those squats and kicks will give you a finishing burn. According to my FitBit I burned 82 calories in 10 minutes.
10 Min Cardio Kickboxing Workout is10:31 minutes; no warm up or stretch. Equipment: light hand weights. Heather is using 2 pound dumbbells. I used 3 pound hand weights. This workout is done interval style. Each exercise is done for 30 seconds followed by 10 seconds of recovery. Heather previews the next move during the recovery.
- Boxer squat (squat + cross punch when you stand, alternate sides with a squat between each punch)
- Drive twist & punch (single arm cross punch + knee pull)
- Repeat #2 on other side of body
- Weighted jacks (jumping jacks pushing arms/DBs overhead)
- Duck & weave (holding DBs together in front of you, standing with wide legs, shift side to side, lowering into deep squat while ducking down upper body when shifting to other side, at top of shift do one cross punch)
- Jab & side kick (jab/punch once each arm + side kick)
- Repeat #6 kicking with other leg
- Boxer jacks (jumping jacks with alternating front punches in time with legs)
- Boxer crunch (sit up with 2 cross punches at top of sit up)
- Squat & kick (squat + one front kick, alternate legs with a squat between each kick, arms are held in guard the when squatting, push straight arms behind you when kicking)
- Speed bag (jog in place while doing high speed bag arms)
- Lunge, jab & kick (reverse lunge into a front kick, do one front punch with each arm while in lunge)
- Repeat #12 on other side of body
- Shadow box (fast alternating front punches)
- Boxer burpee (plank burpee (no push up) with 2 front jabs when standing–one jab each arm)
For more info on Heather Robertson’s workouts and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
2 thoughts on “DAY 14 // THE DAILY10: 10 Min Cardio Kickboxing Workout”