30 Min Strength and Cardio Interval Workout with Dumbbells is an intense cardio + strength workout from Naomi Joy. But no rebounder in this one! Naomi creates the very best cardio + strength rebounder workouts, so I did miss using the rebounder for the cardio, but that did not change the fact that this is an excellent total body strength workout. And very metabolic, too. You get it all in this workout–total body strength training and cardio. And she squeezes it all in just under 40 minutes. The workout is made up of 4 circuits. Each circuit contains 3 exercises. After you do all 3 exercises you repeat the circuit before moving on to the next circuit. The first 3 circuits contain 2 strength exercises and one cardio exercise. The 4th and final circuit is all core work (no cardio). The exercises are done interval style; each exercise is done for 45 seconds followed by 15 seconds of rest/recovery. There is a timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen, counting down the intervals and recoveries. There is another timer in the upper left hand corner of the screen counting down total workout time minus the stretch.
Naomi cues in this workout. Sometimes she shows low impact or easier modifications for the exercises and other times she verbally explains them, but either way, she offers something to people who are unable to do the high impact version of a cardio exercise, or the more advanced version of a strength exercise. The warm up is actually 7:30 minutes but IMHO the last 3 minutes become intense enough (for me at least!) to be part of the actual workout, so I included the moves in the breakdown. The stretch at the end was wonderful and felt so good.
30 Min Strength and Cardio Interval Workout with Dumbbells is 38:53 minutes; 50 second intro, 4:30/7:30 minute warm up and 4:45 minute stretch. Equipment: dumbbells and fitness mat. Naomi is using 8 and 10 pound dumbbells. The weights listed below are what I used.
Last 3 minutes of Warm Up:
- One push up then bring one foot up beside same side hand (so you are in deep lunge) and raise same side hand as front leg to ceiling, alternate sides with a push up between each side (60 seconds)
- Jumping jacks or low impact jacks; changes to high knee run or high knee march; jumping jacks; high knee run (1:40 minutes)
- Alternating stationary side lunges, bring DBs down to frame foot when in lunge, between each lunge do an overhead press (15# DBs)
- Legs are wider than shoulders, arms are raised to shoulder level in front of you with elbows bent at 90 degree angle, squat and when you stand, open arms/DBs out to sides in goalpost (15# DB)
- Sumo/plie jack
- Repeat #1-3
- Bent over rear delt fly (pause briefly at top of fly) (8# DBs)
- Overhead tricep extension (French press) (12# DBs)
- Full burpee with push up
- Repeat #1-3
- Alternating curtsy lunges, pulse 3x while in lunge and do one hammer curl when changing sides (16.5# DBs)
- Sumo/plie squat pulses (lower into squat and pulse 3x) (one 50# DB)
- Lateral skaters
- Repeat #1-3
One minute rest
- Lay on back on mat with legs raised and knees bent at 90 degrees, hold one DB in both hands, do a pullover while also extending on leg straight, alternate legs (one 25# DB)
- In straight arm plank, bring knee under body to opposite elbow and hold briefly, alternate sides
- Lay on stomach with arms extended in front of you, thumbs facing the ceiling, raise one arm and opposite leg, alternate sides
- Same starting position as #1, lower DB halfway into pullover and hold isometrically, extend legs straight and flutter kick legs (one 20# DB)
- Repeat #2
- Repeat #3 except raise both arms and legs at the same time (superman); the last 20 seconds hold isometrically at top of superman lift
For more info on Naomi Joy Fitness and other (free) streaming workouts I’ve sampled and reviewed, check out my Streaming page.
5 thoughts on “Naomi Joy Fitness: 30 Min Strength And Cardio Interval Workout With Dumbbells (Full Body Workout)”
Naomi, not Napoli. Stupid autocorrect!
I did some Napoli this morning as well! I did her latest ab workout (https://youtu.be/P29CfrJx86c). She did some new to me combos which I thought was great! I also liked how she showed modifications because I had to drop to that level on a couple moves to keep things going without pausing. ☺️😉 Santa can’t come fast enough with that rebounder! 😁
For my main workout I did the Beastmode back/bi. My right elbow was really hurting so I had to quickly drop to 15/12 lb from 17.5 once I got to the bis. I have an appt on the 20th with a specialist for my elbow. I’m chewing on the ibuprofens until then. Just frustrated that it starts to feel better then WHAM! It’s back to hurting again. 🤨
I love her workouts. I do have her long core workouts on my to do list, but at 20+ minutes I haven’t gotten to them yet. One day. This cardio + strength workout is not a rebounder workout though, so you don’t have to wait for a rebounder to try it.
And yes, injuries suck. I hope you get some elbow relief. I’ve have had some injuries I’ve been able to get relief (CMC joints) and some that are just chronic (shoulder).
I am loving her workouts! I do her and Caroline Girvans workouts, and Angie tv some times. I also look for more rebounder workouts for my cardio. Much funnier than regular cardio!
Thanks for the review I may do this tomorrow
Naomi really is the best. I do primarily her rebounder workouts. But I also do Michelle Briehler and SanFran Fitness. They both do some great rebounder workouts, too. But Naomi is definitely my favorite rebounder trainer.